Epcot International Gateway Entrance

NEL

Hello,

I am traveling to WDW for the 4th holiday weekend and will be at Epcot for the 4th. I am planning on entering the park through the International gateway entrance b/c I will be really spending the day in WS, mostly American Pavilion, and I also want to avoid the craziness on the main entrance. So I am asking for tips, recommendations, and prior experience on how I can get to that entrance and use it. I am not staying at one of the Epcot resorts, I am actually staying at CS and I am planning on entering at around 11am.

Any help is greatly appreciated

THANKS !!!

AintNoOtherMan

Honestly, I would probably just use the main entrance and walk. It's the most direct way.

Last trip, however, I made an effort to use the IG because I never had before (I didn't know it existed until I joined here, actually lol). We took the bus to HS and used the boat to get there. I believe there's a stop at the IG, but we might have gotten off at the Beach and Yacht Club and walked. It did take longer than just going to the main entrance, but the boat ride was fun :)

Upvote 0

SnowFire

Honestly, I would probably just use the main entrance and walk. It's the most direct way.

Last trip, however, I made an effort to use the IG because I never had before (I didn't know it existed until I joined here, actually lol). We took the bus to HS and used the boat to get there. I believe there's a stop at the IG, but we might have gotten off at the Beach and Yacht Club and walked. It did take longer than just going to the main entrance, but the boat ride was fun :)

There is a boat dock at the IG. You can either take the boat or walk from HS, Boardwalk, or Yacht and each. I wouldn't recommend walking from HS as that can be quite a hike, but it is possible. To be honest, however, while the IG is greeat for the EPOCT hotels, it might be too much effort from anywhere else. If I was travelling from anywhere other than an EPOCT hotel I would probably just use the main entrance.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
The boats from DHS are probably the best way to get there from another resort. The walk is exactly 20 mins from DHS to the YC/BC dock, then another 10 to IG - it isn't bad early in the morning, but I probably wouldn't try it at 11am. It takes a good 20-30 mins for the boats to get from DHS to the IG dock with all the stops. Its a bit faster than walking in our experience, but not much.

If it's worth the convoluted path to get there, then go for it. There is rarely a line at the IG entrance, and you could stop in earlier for breakfast at the France bakery which opens at 9am. We were the only people in there a few weeks ago!

Upvote 0

rufio

I agree with what everyone else has said. I wouldn't take the IG entrance unless I was already over there. We usually take it if we're having dinner at an Epcot resort or if we've just come from DHS. Otherwise I would just brave the front entrance! :)

Upvote 0

BransonJ

If your not staying at one of the Epcot resorts its not really a convenience. Would have to make a few stops to get to that area. Meaning you would walk more getting to that entrance than you would hopping off the bus at the main entrance.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

I would use the main entrance. The back way is too much trouble for someone who is not staying at an appropriate resort. If you must, I do have a plan.

1. Get a job at one of the Boardwalk stores or eateries.
2. Show up to work on Independence Day.
3. Immediately quit your job.
4. Get on a boat to the International Gateway.
5. Enjoy a day at EPCOT.

See? Simple.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
I would use the main entrance. The back way is too much trouble for someone who is not staying at an appropriate resort. If you must, I do have a plan.

1. Get a job at one of the Boardwalk stores or eateries.
2. Show up to work on Independence Day.
3. Immediately quit your job.
4. Get on a boat to the International Gateway.
5. Enjoy a day at EPCOT.

See? Simple.

Great plan, getting my resume ready as we speak.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
The boats from DHS are probably the best way to get there from another resort. The walk is exactly 20 mins from DHS to the YC/BC dock, then another 10 to IG - it isn't bad early in the morning, but I probably wouldn't try it at 11am. It takes a good 20-30 mins for the boats to get from DHS to the IG dock with all the stops. Its a bit faster than walking in our experience, but not much.

If it's worth the convoluted path to get there, then go for it. There is rarely a line at the IG entrance, and you could stop in earlier for breakfast at the France bakery which opens at 9am. We were the only people in there a few weeks ago!

I totally get that its might be a longer process normally, but I am wondering if the front entrance will be sooo busy and overwhelmed due to the holiday, 4th of July, that it might make the hassle if getting to IG worth it. I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

Upvote 0

rufio

I totally get that its might be a longer process normally, but I am wondering if the front entrance will be sooo busy and overwhelmed due to the holiday, 4th of July, that it might make the hassle if getting to IG worth it. I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

I guess it depends on what you define as a hassle. You'll probably have less people to deal with if you go through the IG entrance, but it'll take longer. If you just want to avoid people and don't mind taking longer and walking more to get there, then go through the International Gateway! :D

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I love entering through the International Gateway! I know I'm weird... Last trip we had early reservations at Akershus, so we drove to the Boardwalk from OKW and walked to the International Gateway. I just really wanted to take some pictures of the countries without anyone in them. I felt it was totally worth the hassle even if hubby rolled his eyes.

Thankfully, this time we are spending some time staying at the Boardwalk so I will already be there. LOL

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

I agree with @rsoxguy. It's a hassle if you're not at one of the resorts just transportation wise. Plus I sometimes find it to be slow because it's smaller and the frequency of the passes not working there is higher than at the other gates (and I spend 3 weeks a year at an Epcot resort and a whole lotta time in Epcot).

Upvote 0

HollyAD

I also love this back entrance...You could always grab something for breakfast in the Boarwalk area and then hop a boat from BC/YC, Boardwalk, or Swan/Dolphin. You can take a bus from your resort to HS then take the boat or bus from there to one of the boardwalk area resorts I listed. Then hop the boat from one of the resorts to Epcot. Yes it's going to take a little while but if that's what you really want to do then who cares. Boardwalk bakery is always a good stop to make your time worth while. The back entrance to Epcot is nice because it is closer to my fav place to eat in Epcot...Fish and Chips lol.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

Take a bus to the Boardwalk (or Beach/Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) and walk over. You can pick up a bus from DTD or any of the parks - so go there first. WS for the most part opens at 11am; I'd get there a little sooner so you can be among the first in.

Upvote 0

luv

Just enter the front of the park. Going in the back way will be more time and trouble than it is worth.

If you must go the back way, drive or bus yourself over to DHS and walk or take the boat from there. Entering from the front would be better, IMO.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

This pass May I called myself saving time by taking the boat from HS to IG at Epcot so that I could get Fish and Chips for lunch. It was a horrible mistake. While the boat ride is nice it takes 30 minutes from HS to IG because it stops and docks at every resort along the way. Then once you arrive at IG - it is not really WS - you will have to enter and walk over a bridge then you are at WS. If you plan on spending time at the AA - as others have said the main entrance is best. AA is center of park and if you want to save a little time - you can take the international gateway boat from FW to WS but again, its easier to walk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom