Premium Member
I don't think anyone here needs to be convinced that:
  • Paying $250 - $1,000 for a bit of mass produced plastic is daft
  • Waiting on line for hours and hours to buy one for $25 is equally as daft
  • Ebay resellers are a scourge
  • Disney needs to do better to enforce practices that stop resellers
  • Figment is popular
  • Figment's current attraction needs updating
  • EPCOT needs better rides with more capacity that are thematically appropriate
Don't know why people are stating these things as if someone will take up the opposing side.

Keep in mind, tho: Only two of those points are on-topic for this thread. We're entering the realm of The Airing of Unrelated Grievances.

ppete1975

The person may or may not have used an AP to enter the park -- not following how anyone could be breaking any rules around their AP?

right, I thought there could be language around using the AP discount but they do not offer any discounts on items such as pop corn buckets.

When my wife and daughter both went to the rest room, I was left sitting there w/ four of them -- I imagine I could be on the interwebs somewhere if someone snapped a picture when I was alone w/ 4 of them -- certainly I must be a reseller -- I do not know why my wife started collecting buckets but I can think of worse habits. We do not sell or buy these things, but she does collect them. We were able to buy four in one transaction as there were three of us at the register when they rung them up -- save for a Starbucks run from my daughter, all three of us stayed in line the whole 2 hours and we talked with folks who generally seemed to be Figment fans.

I still think the funniest part is that they ran out of pop corn so they sold the bucket w/o the pop corn (at least on SAT)
I heard people were throwing away or just giving the popcorn away. I thought it was kind of neat it wasnt the normal disney popcorn

ppete1975

If you don’t have a receipt for it, it’s not yours. If your family of ten got their 2 each and you have all the receipts for 20, you’re good. If you have the other 9 family and friends with you, you’re good. This isn’t about stealing vs possession. It is literally about possession. Disney’s stated policy is you can possess 2 per person per purchase. Prove the purchase. They wouldn’t have to even worry about stopping anyone holding 2 or fewer. Now they likely don’t want to do this because they clearly don’t want to confront people all day. But it would solve the poor guest experience problem that these resellers cause.
You are only allowed to purchase 2 per person at a time (might be per "day") but that has nothing to do with possession. That is how all of it is, btw if they werent so large you wouldnt even be able to tell. You dont think this happens with other merch but is in a bag and nobody knows? And no company cares how many you possess, the ONLY reason the 2 per person per transaction exists is to keep people from walking up and being like.. "i want all of them" or "i will buy 20", without the limit you would really people off as that 8 hour line would instantly be for nothing. Once the original purchase occurs, what happens after that doesnt matter. It can happen at the park, on ebay, in the parking lot, in a back alley... possession legally cant be enforced, nor does disney want to (or anyone).

CntrlFlPete

I heard people were throwing away or just giving the popcorn away. I thought it was kind of neat it wasnt the normal disney popcorn

I just know that on day two, they were already out of the popcorn -- they gave out the figment spork in place of the popcorn -- just found it odd they they have more buckets than popcorn in these days of supply chain nightmares. Anyhow, seemed like a good idea to have popcorn that fit the theme of the festival, just did not go so great in practice I guess.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
$lappie and Josh hear about the popcorn buckets - 🤑🤑🤑 "Unprecedented demand!!!" 🤑🤑🤑

Next round of popcorn buckets will be $50 but will feature an Inside Out character. A total of 14 will be sold in the park, and thousands of them will be for sale at the Outlet store for $5/each within weeks.

So... has anyone tried any of the food yet? :)

CntrlFlPete

$lappie and Josh hear about the popcorn buckets - 🤑🤑🤑 "Unprecedented demand!!!" 🤑🤑🤑

Next round of popcorn buckets will be $50 but will feature an Inside Out character. A total of 14 will be sold in the park, and thousands of them will be for sale at the Outlet store for $5/each within weeks.

So... has anyone tried any of the food yet? :)

I did not try it, but my wife had the tomato soup, maybe it was the two hour wait, but she did not like it. I did not get a good pic, but I thought it came in a cool container. My wife and daughter did like the grilled cheese that was served with the soup.

ts.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder how long it will take until we see this photo in the news...
View attachment 614427

Environmental.. devastation
from crude petrol's.. distillation
inject the mold.. add purple pigment
and then behold.. popcorn figment

Environmental.. devastation
After the spark, the fun has tired
now find that lark, in ocean's gyre.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
I just know that on day two, they were already out of the popcorn -- they gave out the figment spork in place of the popcorn -- just found it odd they they have more buckets than popcorn in these days of supply chain nightmares. Anyhow, seemed like a good idea to have popcorn that fit the theme of the festival, just did not go so great in practice I guess.

They are giving cellophane bags of regular popcorn today.

disneygeek90

Haven’t followed the popcorn bucket after the initial first day. Are they still available and what’s the typical line now? I personally don’t get the popcorn hype but I’m curious if they’re still available.

hopemax

Haven’t followed the popcorn bucket after the initial first day. Are they still available and what’s the typical line now? I personally don’t get the popcorn hype but I’m curious if they’re still available.
Still available. Lot fewer reports about line status, but this morning a couple blogs say the line is about 2 hours. They have also started putting regular popcorn into a baggie instead of the original multi-color, or the spork substitution from this weekend.

Meeko77

I believe it's been a 45-60 min. wait if you go around 5 p.m. I had seen on Twitter it was that way on Saturday; I went yesterday and got one. I find him super cute, but I would not have waited had it been a longer wait time. The almond cake dessert was very yummy!

I also found it interesting that the boxes were labeled with a number out of 299. There were 12 Figments per box, so that's only 3,588 which seems impossible with how fast they are selling. I'd be very curious to know how many groups of 299 they had.

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps they should sell them as well at the pavilion..However there is a catch..They tell guests they cannot get the bucket unless they go through the attraction and get it at Imageworks..

And the exit from Imageworks is only for exiting with a sign by the doorway "no entrance" (with the exception of DVC's members Lounge they would have a CM by the door for ID's).

Sure, it won't happen but think about seeing a 120 min wait on the wait time all because guests have to be forced to ride just to get the bucket..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom