News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

MickeyCB

I went yesterday, I did not wait 7 hours (it was closer to 2.5). I think my user name says it all. I bought just 1, for my Figment collection. It was a beautiful day, I didn’t “waste” a day at the park (I went solely for the purpose of getting the Figment bucket and left afterwards), and honestly, I had a nice time just enjoying the festival atmosphere and being part of the line craziness.

You guys can judge me all you want, I really don’t care. Sure, I could have taken a chance and gone another day after the hype died down, but I’ve seen too many times where things never restocked and I had the ability to go. Figment is my absolute favorite, we all have things we are passionate about. 🙂
No judging, I say good for you and I hope you enjoy your collectible!!!
And myself like multiple other posters on this thread are just very frustrated with the pirates.
I love to bring things home from our trips as keepsakes and in Oct. my one trip for the year, there were several things that I was looking for and of course all were sold out. There is a supply chain issue, but with so many of the things I wanted on ebay, it's not the only reason.

PixarPerfect

At the end of the day, though, it's still a... POPCORN BUCKET. Not a character figurine in porcelain (or even plastic without the hinge), not an action figure that moves in a cool way, not an artist's work... It's a piece of plastic designed to hold one of the cheapest food items out there. On a strap. And thousands were made. :banghead:

Am I missing something here?

JoeCamel

They’re looking into it, they knew it was going to be popular but what happened yesterday was far beyond what anyone thought was going to happen.

World Showplace is being rented out again so not really an option. Honestly the length that queue reached and how they directed it was probably the least disrupting option right now. If they could make a secondary line ONLY for food that would probably be the best way to handle it right now.
They have been underestimating the power of Figment and Imagination for a very long time.
How many "lean into it" signals do they need?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They have been underestimating the power of Figment and Imagination for a very long time.
How many "lean into it" signals do they need?
How’s that?
They hock product all year based on a ride that was destroyed and has been a running joke for 20+ years

ticket price is also 3x more now than then.

I hate to be the one to say this on repeat…but you have demand better…they have a scenario where they aren’t obligated to give it to you

JoeCamel

How’s that?
They hock product all year based on a ride that was destroyed and has been a running joke for 20+ years

ticket price is also 3x more now than then.

I hate to be the one to say this on repeat…but you have demand better…they have a scenario where they aren’t obligated to give it to you
They scrambled to add something anything to this park so you get Frozen and bent sore 'un while a perfect property is languishing. The merch could be huge all year not just for a fake limited edition popcorn bucket. At least it holds a few more kernels than the GE one does.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They scrambled to add something anything to this park so you get Frozen and bent sore 'un while a perfect property is languishing. The merch could be huge all year not just for a fake limited edition popcorn bucket. At least it holds a few more kernels than the GE one does.
But they run festivals all year…unless I’m mistaken…Figgy is the mascot/co-mascot of all three

I hate to be the guy that shows the manipulation all the time. But it’s manipulation all. The. Time.

hopemax

There are only 2 options here, and neither involves updating the attraction.

1. Use Figment for Festivals and AP stuff. Disney gets $$, Figment Fans get swag.
2. Sales diminish, WDW dumps Figment for Festivals and AP stuff. Disney bulldozes very cool looking pavilion. Figment fans get diddly squat.

Disney wins either way. Figment fans lose in one way more than the other.

2020 Flower & Garden was heavy on Orange Bird and Spike... I kinda wonder if they were testing if ditching Figment would harm sales. But pandemic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are only 2 options here, and neither involves updating the attraction.

1. Use Figment for Festivals and AP stuff. Disney gets $$, Figment Fans get swag.
2. Sales diminish, WDW dumps Figment for Festivals and AP stuff. Disney bulldozes very cool looking pavilion. Figment fans get diddly squat.

Disney wins either way. Figment fans lose in one way more than the other.
100%

but they’d probably just gut it for more convention space/kraken viewing

and 2021 was Minnie and figment for flowers…I believe

SunnyDisney007

I went yesterday, I did not wait 7 hours (it was closer to 2.5). I think my user name says it all. I bought just 1, for my Figment collection. It was a beautiful day, I didn’t “waste” a day at the park (I went solely for the purpose of getting the Figment bucket and left afterwards), and honestly, I had a nice time just enjoying the festival atmosphere and being part of the line craziness.

You guys can judge me all you want, I really don’t care. Sure, I could have taken a chance and gone another day after the hype died down, but I’ve seen too many times where things never restocked and I had the ability to go. Figment is my absolute favorite, we all have things we are passionate about. 🙂
Definitely understand. It’s worth it if it makes you happy. And 2.5 hours isn’t that bad, especially when the weather is so beautiful. Glad you got one!

CntrlFlPete

There has to be someone on this forum that waited in line for the Figment bucket. Come on, speak up! Let us know why you did it.

went tonight (was planning on going tonight prior to knowing about the buckets). Waited 2 hours, family of three and we picked up four buckets. They warned us when we entered the queue that they had run out of the rainbow popcorn so they were substituting a figment spork in place of the popcorn -- was nice to hear they were being proactive and we were certainly happy with the change --

For the buckets and why -- we were going to be there anyway (save we did end up going to the park earlier than we had originally planed on) -- the news (locally and south FL that I know of) so some family did reach out and ask if we could get them one (as we really only planned on one originally) -- but all will be kept and not resold -- we do not see a lot of folks post pandemic so we sort of enjoyed talking with others waiting so the time went quick -- it was a nice day (and tomorrow will suck weather wise).

well, that is my story -- so 12 by 299 for $25 is a good chunk of $$ from that shipment (IMHO).

fig.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
went tonight (was planning on going tonight prior to knowing about the buckets). Waited 2 hours, family of three and we picked up four buckets. They warned us when we entered the queue that they had run out of the rainbow popcorn so they were substituting a figment spork in place of the popcorn -- was nice to hear they were being proactive and we were certainly happy with the change --

For the buckets and why -- we were going to be there anyway (save we did end up going to the park earlier than we had originally planed on) -- the news (locally and south FL that I know of) so some family did reach out and ask if we could get them one (as we really only planned on one originally) -- but all will be kept and not resold -- we do not see a lot of folks post pandemic so we sort of enjoyed talking with others waiting so the time went quick -- it was a nice day (and tomorrow will suck weather wise).

well, that is my story -- so 12 by 299 for $25 is a good chunk of $$ from that shipment (IMHO).

View attachment 614231
Post pandemic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom