News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
okay, so i doubt anyone is actually going to sell a popcorn bucket for $270. but let's say people are willing to...stand in line for 8 hours to make a $100 profit? weird. i value my time more than $12.50 an hour, but whatever. more power to 'em, i guess.

i guess my biggest quibble is...let's say you're not looking to re-sell....what do you do with this popcorn bucket when you get home? like, use it as a chip-and-dip for hors devours before your kids' prom pictures? "oh, yes, mrs. williams, that's a lovely figment bucket you have the onion dip in!"
Many of the hot ticket merch items are 101% useless…in fact

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The cost of the bucket may only be $25, but there is the $100+ ticket requirement to enter Epcot. Transportation and hotel costs if you aren’t local. It’s cheaper for someone in Oregon to pay $150 than get from Oregon to Epcot to buy it themselves.
From an academic standpoint…you are correct

however from a common sense perspective…it is completely nonsensical to engage in such lengths to get a plastic bucket made in the sweatshop behind the tiki room at Shanghai Disneyland

SplashJacket

The fact more people show up to the debut of a Figment popcorn bucket than a $1 billion dollar Star Wars land (hyperbole) is amazing to me, but what gets me even more, is the fact that TWDC refuses to implement an addition that actually allows TWDC to capitalize on Figment during non-popcorn hysteria days.

Casper Gutman

The fact more people show up to the debut of a Figment popcorn bucket than a $1 billion dollar Star Wars land (hyperbole) is amazing to me, but what gets me even more, is the fact that TWDC refuses to implement an addition that actually allows TWDC to capitalize on Figment during non-popcorn hysteria days.
Your mistake, I fear, is assuming a Figment ride would cause the same frenzy as a plastic figment bucket.

WDW leadership is a mess, but today is a reminder that a broken fandom provides some of the incentive to remain a mess.

ppete1975

Figment exclusives usually sell well...... you would think someone would want to capitalize on that for a ride...
1642195460824.png

SplashJacket

I Just Love that SSE is getting Seasonal Shows!!!
Same!

And people are complaining that the Beacons look bad at times, but they'd how to use them more in time. They've already shown that they're easily programmable and they're willing to change the sequences.

Eventually they'd nail down the sequences so they all look fantastic!

ppete1975

The amount of visceral disdain I have for these people (and frankly, the company for allowing it to happen) is considerable.
How do you stop it? They probably bought their 2, then had other people buy 2. They then pay the "helper" and take the merchandise. Not much Disney can do outside of tackling everyone seen carrying more than 2. The problem is the attitude that the people have where they are kind of flaunt what they are doing.

AdventureHasAName

How do you stop it? They probably bought their 2, then had other people buy 2. They then pay the "helper" and take the merchandise. Not much Disney can do outside of tackling everyone seen carrying more than 2. The problem is the attitude that the people have where they are kind of flaunt what they are doing.
Put them on shopDisney right now at retail with free shipping.

ppete1975

Put them on shopDisney right now at retail with free shipping.
Then get 10 people to buy them off shop disney. Same thing used to happen with concert tickets with mins. They would have several people all call and buy the max. And have people stand in line as well. This way they were assured to not only get a good quantity but also get a great chance at the best seats.

SplashJacket

BTW not disagreeing with you that its horrible. Just that disney doesnt have alot of power here.
If they sufficiently stocked their stores and websites, this isn't a problem. Scalping is only an issue when there's scarcity. Current supply chain issues may make certain things scarce beyond Disney's control, but making an item scarce only drives up demand even more in situations like this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That debut was after the last johnson…which the praetorians will SWEAR doesn’t matter 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The amount of visceral disdain I have for these people (and frankly, the company for allowing it to happen) is considerable.
I pity them…to be honest. It’s such a pain in the butt that this isn’t a “hobby”…they need the money. There’s always a better place to find gainful employment not named “Orlando”
Then get 10 people to buy them off shop disney. Same thing used to happen with concert tickets with mins. They would have several people all call and buy the max. And have people stand in line as well. This way they were assured to not only get a good quantity but also get a great chance at the best seats.

BTW not disagreeing with you that its horrible. Just that disney doesnt have alot of power here.
They actually could: stop making everything “limited release” and have them available for a period of time. All this stuff is cheaply made and the overhead is near zero…so they could actually just raise the prices a little, sell volume and deliver for the shareholders.

Jcf8037

I was thinking that because there’s easily manipulated park exits, if someone’s walking out with 15 instead of two, you just confiscate them and refund them for the excess. It would be a pain at first but would likely make it much more difficult for the resellers and at least discourage many. And continue the confiscation of APs that they were doing for a little while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom