News Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020

Kevin_W

I've only spent a day at the festival a couple years ago, but I really enjoyed the Broadway show at the American Theater. the paint-by-numbers mural was pretty fun as well, as well as seeing the unique things to the festival (booths, stage acts). none of these things were excessive time sinks, so didn't require much of any planning.

DisneyOutsider

I've only spent a day at the festival a couple years ago, but I really enjoyed the Broadway show at the American Theater. the paint-by-numbers mural was pretty fun as well, as well as seeing the unique things to the festival (booths, stage acts). none of these things were excessive time sinks, so didn't require much of any planning.

It's basically what Food & Wine would be if you cut the crowds in half and added much more interesting things to see and do.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It's basically what Food & Wine would be if you cut the crowds in half and added much more interesting things to see and do.
I went for the first time this year in February, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. The shopping of and exhibitions were quite nice. The only downside is the lower number of food kiosks compared to F&W and F&G. However of the three festivals I would say it's my second favorite behind F&G.

TrainsOfDisney

Take time to watch and visit with the super talented artists. If you’re there when Trevor Carlton is painting... just plan to watch him all day!!! Ha.

Broadway Shows are great. Obviously which performers you hit will make some difference, but they are all good.

DisneyOutsider

I went for the first time this year in February, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. The shopping of and exhibitions were quite nice. The only downside is the lower number of food kiosks compared to F&W and F&G. However of the three festivals I would say it's my second favorite behind F&G.

Personally I wouldn't classify the lower number of food kiosks as a downside. I think it's the most substantive of all the epcot festivals. Add in the nicer weather that time of year and it's easily number one for me.

Ravenclaw78

I'm allergic to Flower and Garden (tried that once, it was fun but I spent the whole day sneezing my brains out), and "allergic" to the crowds at Food and Wine. Holiday festival is decent, but Flower and Garden is my favorite. Comfortable temps, chill atmosphere, food carts available but without lines blocking every walkway in World Showcase. Oh yeah, and cool art to watch and/or purchase. The other festivals really make it hard to just visit the World Showcase pavilions.

BoardwalkGlenn

More details have been released. Here's the Broadway Concert Series performers list:

2020 Schedule
See who's lighting up the stage as part of the Disney on BroadwayConcert Series. Performances are at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM daily from January 17 to February 24, 2020.
Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White
  • January 17
  • January 20 through 21
  • January 24
Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee
  • January 18 through 19
  • January 22 through 23
Kissy Simmons, Heidi Blickenstaff, Alton Fitzgerald White and Gavin Lee
  • January 25
Kara Lindsay and Kevin Massey
  • January 26
  • January 28 through 29
  • February 1 through 2
  • February 5 through 6
TBD
  • January 27
  • January 30 through 31
  • February 3 through 4
  • February 7 through 8
Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey and TBD
  • February 9
Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland
  • February 10
  • February 12 through 13
  • February 18 through 19
  • February 22 through 23
TBD
  • February 11
  • February 14 through 17
  • February 20 through 21
Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland and TBD
  • February 24

tnemgif

Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland on stage together is pure magic. Two of the most talented Broadway performers of our time, and their stage chemistry is unmatched.
This is such a rare performance, which I’ve paid to see outside of WDW, and it’s fantastic that Disney has been able to coordinate this for their guests every year!

ThatMouse

I just YouTubed last years. It's definitely worth stopping by to grab a beer. The orchestration is a little light though. The Pixar orchestra spoiled me.

TrainsOfDisney

So glad they are bringing Gavin Lee and Heidi back... they were sooooo good last year and at D23. I might as well move down there for the arts festival this year... especially if they have anything up their sleeves for the TBD spots.

trainplane3

It's a bump but they're dumping booths in front of Imagination:
7F611863-EE48-490E-968F-5102DC0D33C6.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom