Epcot illuminations cruise

wendyphant

Good evening all
First trip since 2002 is coming up. it is my 9 yr olds first trip my 17th wedding anniversary and most important my 40th birthday. We are trying to find something special to do on my birthday and thought about this cruise. There will be 6 adults and my son. Any opinions? Anyone done it? Is it worth the money or would you suggest another way to celebrate

paul436

Good evening all
First trip since 2002 is coming up. it is my 9 yr olds first trip my 17th wedding anniversary and most important my 40th birthday. We are trying to find something special to do on my birthday and thought about this cruise. There will be 6 adults and my son. Any opinions? Anyone done it? Is it worth the money or would you suggest another way to celebrate
It's worth the money. Be sure to let them know that it is your b'day.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

You can call them directly. Check out Disney's site for info and a number. When we did the Wishes! cruise, we reserved our 4 spots through the DVC, but you could call WDW directly and they will help you.
You can also check out the rate & review section of www.allearsnet.com to see what others thought.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I used to work at the marina at Yacht and Beach Club so I might be a little biased but you get an amazing view, snacks, no fighting for a spot,a tour of crescent lake and unlike magic kingdom where they need to play the soundtrack to wishes on the boat, you are right in the lake when Illuminations is going on. The drivers dock right under the bridge between France and the International Gateway.

Upvote 0

Nastory4

I think I am sold on this one and cannot wait now thank you xx
We enjoyed it. I am unsure I would do it a second time, but happy we did. Cast Members were great and snacks and soft drinks were included. Plus when its done, it's great to walk around the Boardwalk. Maybe even a kitchen sink (with a whole can of whipped cream!) from Beaches and Cream

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Reviving this: found a live stream on YouTube so obviously my wife and I plopped on the couch, maybe cried a few times, then instantly looked up details and price. What I found surprising was the parked position of the pontoon boat! It was technically behind railed walkways and in the video you see the silhouette of people watching from the railings. Suppose the advantage is sitting... having food and perhaps not having to get to a spot super early. Otherwise, can’t see how it’s worth the 300 bucks plus. I love streaming stuff on YouTube, really scratches the itch and then makes you sad when you have to wake up and go to work!

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

... sorry, forgot to add this: it’s not that I expected the boats to be super close inside the lagoon but figured they’d at least be inside the view of non-paying customers.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

Totally worth it. I would do it on the front end of your trip. You will be given a lot of snacks and sodas, bottled waters, much more than your party will use during the experience. They will bag up what is left and you can take it with you. They make great snacks to keep in your room throughout the trip.

They will decorate your boat with balloons too. You can take them too. Your little might enjoy that. Mine did.

We have done many add-on experiences, besides Wild Africa Trek, this is our favorite.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We did this cruise a few weeks ago. We were at the edge of the pathway and closer to the lagoon than what we saw on last night's live stream. We were actually surprised last night that the boats were so far back. It was still a great view, but I'm glad we were better positioned when we did it.
I agree with @Much-Pixie-Dust. It really was an amazing evening. CM Meghan was outstanding as our skipper and tour guide. We had a beautiful ride around the lake and up to DHS before and after we viewed the fireworks. It was comfortable, relaxing and magical - definitely a special way for us to say goodbye to Illuminations. And we didn't have to find a spot to stand in hours before the fireworks nor did we have to deal with the crowds leaving the park after the fireworks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom