News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

Kman101

I just hope the music for Kappa stays instrumental like RoE. I feel like at least then it won’t be a TOTAL full blown IP fest if it’s focusing on instrumental cultural music that has Disney melodies worked into it. It would at least be a bit more tolerable to me then.

I'm definitely interested in how they present it all to us. I'm slightly open to it if they 'do it right' so to speak. We'll see. I don't love their idea that everything must be tied to a popular movie but there's a chance this could be a beautifully done show. Doesn't mean it's going to be for everyone. Just trying to find a bright spot ...

Jahona

I hope to get out and see EPCOT forever. I love listening to the original themes for the park. The new show is what I expected but hoped they would be more creative with. My hope is that they do the different IP songs in different languages to reflect World Showcase.

andre85

I've found the original working title for the new show

Attachments

• Sam Eagle.png
    Sam Eagle.png
    459.9 KB · Views: 103

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's a temporary showcase of old Epcot. It's Project Spark, what @marni1971 was more interested in.

I thought this forum would be happy to hear old Epcot music played and showcased on a large scale throughout world showcase.
I think the issue is more along the lines of Disney recognizes there is a decent sized fan community that wanted and wants E.P.C.O.T and not Epcot, and that community is getting a bit aggitated that we are getting glimpses at a price and not the real thing.

GlacierGlacier

I know this sounds like a wacky conspiracy theory or something, but...

Is it possible that they’ll deliberately make Epcot Forever a relatively weak show, so that fans are more likely to embrace the IP show (and the IP-ing of Epcot in general)?
That is indeed a wacky conspiracy theory.

It's a company that makes its money from happy guests. There is not going to be intentional 4D chess where they shoot themselves in the foot for a year to make sure guests like the new thing.

And we all know this forum is going to bash the IP show once it's implemented regardless lol

Marc Davis Fan

That is indeed a wacky conspiracy theory.

It's a company that makes its money from happy guests. There is not going to be intentional 4D chess where they shoot themselves in the foot for a year to make sure guests like the new thing.

And we all know this forum is going to bash the IP show once it's implemented regardless lol

I don’t mean they’re going to make Epcot Forever awful. Put another way: let’s say they’re going to make sure the IP show is a lot more impressive, including by making sure the interim show won’t overshadow it.

I hope they will indeed make the interim show as impressive and inspiring as they can.

GlacierGlacier

I don’t mean they’re going to make Epcot Forever awful. Put another way: let’s say they’re going to make sure the IP show is a lot more impressive, including by making sure the interim show won’t overshadow it.

I hope they will indeed make the interim show as impressive and inspiring as they can.
It's an interim show. It's never going to be as technically impressive as a main show.

Do note that HEA was originally an interim show, however

Marc Davis Fan

It's an interim show. It's never going to be as technically impressive as a main show.

Do note that HEA was originally an interim show, however

Right, I mean actively deciding “let’s make sure this doesn’t overshadow next year’s show.”

Good point about HEA. Though it was still intended to last longer than a year.

Anyway, unrelated thought: if the interim show is meant to express what Epcot is about, it will be interesting to see what they consider (or want to claim) Epcot to be about. I hope it actually emphasizes global community and human achievement - THAT would be cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom