Epcot food and wine show!

Erik the Red

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if it's worth reserving a restaurant at Epcot during the food and wine festival?

Or save all that room for samples from the countries along the walking path?

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Honestly I find it way more fun to walk around and get a little taste of everything however if you are hoping to try one of the harder places to get reservations the F&WF is a great time since many others are tasting and not making ADR's.

Last edited:

danyoung56

You'll want to plan at least one meal at the booths of the F&WF. It's fun to eat (and drink!) a bit at a time, taking your choices to the nearest trash can and spreading out your own private table. Just don't plan on it on a weekend night or too close to the start of the Fest - crowds will be HUGE!!!

Amos1784

MOST of Food and Wine is held when it is still extremely hot outside. While this is obviously subjective we find that during those times we like to eat around some of the booths but also schedule a sit down. This gives you a much needed break, air conditioning, and re-charge.

JohnD

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if it's worth reserving a restaurant at Epcot during the food and wine festival?

Or save all that room for samples from the countries along the walking path?

If you're referring to a food and drink pairing at the restaurants, I find they're fun doing. While I wouldn't do them all in a single visit, I find it's fun to pick a different one each year.

One of the most popular is the Italian Food, Wine, AND Beer pairing.

Others are:
  • Italian Food and Wine pairing (no beer)
  • Japanese Food and Beer pairing
  • Moroccan Food and Wine pairing (in Restaurant Marrakesh)
  • Mediterranean Food and Wine pairing (in Spice Road Table)
  • Tequila Lunch (in La Hacienda)
  • Parisian Breakfast
There are others.

GVentola

I posted in another thread that the Food & Wine booth offerings were like appetizers and did not give a "full" feeling to my parents or I, and we ended up having supper in a World Showcase restaurant. I don't remember which one; it was either 9 Dragons or San Angel Inn. We were able to eat there without reservations. Another poster to that thread said he did indeed find the booth offerings filling, and I had no reason to doubt his personal experience, or certainly doubt my own. So, taking both of us posters' personal experiences into account, maybe you'd want to start out doing the food booths without making a reservation, and if that isn't filling you up, drop in on one of the World Showcase restaurants. Le Cellier is always booked and requires reservations, but there are other restaurants, like 9 Dragons and Restaurant Marrakesh, that you are able to walk into without reserving ahead of time.

Erik the Red

Original Poster
I guess I’m not sure how many food booths there are and how big the portion sizes are.

How many food booth portions would it take to equal a full meal!?

If I were to reserve a restaurant it would be at Via Napoli. Are walk-ins common there? Or do I need to book way in advance?

danyoung56

MOST of Food and Wine is held when it is still extremely hot outside. While this is obviously subjective we find that during those times we like to eat around some of the booths but also schedule a sit down. This gives you a much needed break, air conditioning, and re-charge.

You ain't lying about the heat! The past couple of years the F&W at the end of September were SCORCHING!

jaklgreen

I posted in another thread that the Food & Wine booth offerings were like appetizers and did not give a "full" feeling to my parents or I, and we ended up having supper in a World Showcase restaurant. I don't remember which one; it was either 9 Dragons or San Angel Inn. We were able to eat there without reservations. Another poster to that thread said he did indeed find the booth offerings filling, and I had no reason to doubt his personal experience, or certainly doubt my own. So, taking both of us posters' personal experiences into account, maybe you'd want to start out doing the food booths without making a reservation, and if that isn't filling you up, drop in on one of the World Showcase restaurants. Le Cellier is always booked and requires reservations, but there are other restaurants, like 9 Dragons and Restaurant Marrakesh, that you are able to walk into without reserving ahead of time.

I guess it all depends on how many your eat. LOL I think they make a great lunch if you have a few but I would still have 1 good sit down meal a day.

jaklgreen

I guess I’m not sure how many food booths there are and how big the portion sizes are.

How many food booth portions would it take to equal a full meal!?

If I were to reserve a restaurant it would be at Via Napoli. Are walk-ins common there? Or do I need to book way in advance?

Last year there were 30. And it all depends on how much you usually eat. I am a light eater so about 3-4 will fill my up, especially for lunch. But I know that is not the norm and most people eat a ton more then I do so it really does depend on your appetite. Here is a link so you can look at last years. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/ If you click on the country name it will pull up the menus and pictures.

Disney4family

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at The Coral Reef at noon for our first day of F&W. We wandered around F&W, grabbed a few little things for dinner and decided what we would get for our next day.
Two days later, after enjoying Future World attractions, we spent the day having a wonderful time picking and eating/drinking around F&W.

Captain Barbossa

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at The Coral Reef at noon for our first day of F&W. We wandered around F&W, grabbed a few little things for dinner and decided what we would get for our next day.
Two days later, after enjoying Future World attractions, we spent the day having a wonderful time picking and eating/drinking around F&W.
:jawdrop: This is the first time I've heard the words "wonderful" and "Coral Reef" (restaurant) used in the same sentence!

JIMINYCR

Theres always an advance posting on several sites with descriptions of the booth offerings and a variety of reviews online from people after the event begins. You can check out what each area offers and get an idea of what you might be ordering. The plates are small portions but theres no rule that you have to limit yourself to only one choice per booth. Sometimes I've had an interest in ordering 2 food choices because I couldnt decide of having one selection over another. Then there have been some booths I've turned my nose up at and passed by completely.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
To answer the OP...I personally never make reservations for TS at EPCOT during F&W, F&G or Holidays Around the World. Too many options at the respective booths. From a food perspective F&G and Holidays have nearly caught up to F&W relative to food. TS at EPCOT for me is reserved for Jan, Feb, June, July, most of August and two weeks in November.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom