Epcot Food and Wine.....on the first day?

NickMaio

Original Poster
So we are thinking of going to Epcots F&W on the first day, Thursday.

Doea anyone know what the crowds are like on the first day?

Thanks

DisneyGigi

So we are thinking of going to Epcots F&W on the first day, Thursday.

Doea anyone know what the crowds are like on the first day?

Thanks
Usually pretty busy because of the bloggers and such -but I would say it will be a bit lower than usual this year because of Star Wars opening the same day. At least I hope!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've gone on the first day the last 3 years.
Its a lot of people wandering around and a lot of people in the food lines but they move quickly and efficiently for the most part.
And once you get away from the kiosks there's room to breath.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Sooooooo
Its a cluster on any day for the food and wine?

Pretty much. Its very popular.
But I haven't had any terrible experiences or anything.
Its just a mass of people near the food kiosks. Its not like brawls are breaking out or anything though.
Its pretty organized and relaxed just a lot of people.

OneofThree

Sooooooo
Its a cluster on any day for the food and wine?

There's an enormous difference in early afternoon and evening, particular at the beginning of the festival when crowds are at their lowest for the year. It can get ugly at night (in more ways than one).

OneofThree

We will be going with our two year old.....should we avoid the boozefest at night?

Well, that depends. It is, as you say, a total "boozefest" at night, but the worst sort of incidents are the exception and not the rule. People walking around wasted (mostly locals and employees) is the rule, however. If that bothers you. . .

HoldenC

In my experience the first day, being a weekday, is usually not an unpleasant experience. I try to avoid the first and proceedings weekends at all costs. My suggestion regardless of your action plan is to buy a Disney gift card and pre-load a set amount to use at the kiosks. This works great for me, as a local, because I can use it all during the festival until my allotment runs out. Then I know I'm done with the festival for the year ;) The drunkytown narrative tirelessly told over and over again on this forum is grossly exaggerated, generally. As with an location that offers copious amounts of alcohol there are bound to be some scoundrels. If your two year old doesn't handle large crowds well, I would recommend avoid the park in the evening hours.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
In my experience the first day, being a weekday, is usually not an unpleasant experience. I try to avoid the first and proceedings weekends at all costs. My suggestion regardless of your action plan is to buy a Disney gift card and pre-load a set amount to use at the kiosks. This works great for me, as a local, because I can use it all during the festival until my allotment runs out. Then I know I'm done with the festival for the year ;) The drunkytown narrative tirelessly told over and over again on this forum is grossly exaggerated, generally. As with an location that offers copious amounts of alcohol there are bound to be some scoundrels. If your two year old doesn't handle large crowds well, I would recommend avoid the park in the evening hours.

If they happen to have a dining plan then I would not suggest buying a gift card but otherwise yes I'd suggest either a gift card or if onside using their magic band and charging back to their room reservation.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We will be going with our two year old.....should we avoid the boozefest at night?

We were there a couple nights last year in September with a three and a four year old and had no cause for concern. There was a noticeably larger crowd as the day wore on, and we did see one drunk guy say something inappropriate to one of the princesses, but it wasn't something the kids would have understood. There was nothing that would have caused me to worry about a toddler.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom