Epcot Food and Wine Festival

SulleyanBoo

whats it like?
This will be my first time and it will be my birthday.

Also, what time is a good time to show up for it and do you pay for sampling or do they give samples of food and drinks for free? I can't see that happening so that's why I am asking.

I've heard great things, so im really looking forward to it.

wiigirl

I HIGHLY recommend it. Such a good time. :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I have found that it makes zero difference what time you go -- it will be crowded from the moment they open the kiosks -- actually, from even BEFORE since people start lining up at their favorite kiosks about a half hour before. THe less popular kiosks will have 5-minute waits; its not unusual at all for the more popular ones to have 30-45 minute waits. Just be prepared. Its not as fun as it sounds on paper.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Opposite of the PP, I did not have that experience last year (first week of November). At opening, they were not busy at all for us. It got busier as the day went on and we went there for 3 straight days. We avoided Friday and the weekend.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Kiosks should keep the same hours as World Showcase. (EMH excluded) In my experience the crowds definitely get worse on the weekends, and around meal times.

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
These are the kind of lines we had. These are photos from this week.

Photos

Photos
Thanks so so much! That doesn't seem too bad at all but I am bringing myself prepared because we are going the weekend of October 26th and probably around 6:00 in the evening but it will be my birthday. I know it will be crowded but I'm glad im going into it prepared..I just want to have fun and do what we can. :)

Upvote 0

The MaD Hatter

We went this past Sunday and tried about six different kiosks during the late afternoon/early evening. We never waited for more than a few minutes from the time we stepped in line to the time we were walking off with our food. There's technically two lines at each kiosk, one to order/pay and the other to pick up your food. We're going again this Saturday and are anticipating it will be much more crowded based on touringplans.com predictions.

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
We went this past Sunday and tried about six different kiosks during the late afternoon/early evening. We never waited for more than a few minutes from the time we stepped in line to the time we were walking off with our food. There's technically two lines at each kiosk, one to order/pay and the other to pick up your food. We're going again this Saturday and are anticipating it will be much more crowded based on touringplans.com predictions.
Let us know how this Saturday goes! :)

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

I agree with the majority. This year will be our sixth Festival in the last seven years. Get there early and on weekdays. Utilize the booths to brunch. It gets busier in the afternoon, but crowds will be manageable on weekdays until mid-afternoon. And happy birthday!

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We love Food and Wine, but beware that you can spend a lot of money at the booths before you know it. Still, my wife and I love it so much we have just budgeted more this year than the last time we went. I know it is going to be expensive and I will not be as surprised as I was when I paid the bill at the end of the week.

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
I wrote a post all about the F&W Festival over at WDWRadio.com last week. I suggest going on weekdays and early on (around 11 when the booths open) to avoid crowds and long lines at the booths. Also knowing what you would like to sample ahead of time can really help since there are so many booths to choose from.

Here's the link for my article:

We love Food and Wine, but beware that you can spend a lot of money at the booths before you know it.
-- What I plan on doing is either bringing a set amount of cash to bring just for the festival OR buy a gift card just for the event. This way, I'm not just randomly swiping my credit card..that could get dangerous especially after a few of those wine and beer samples!;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom