Epcot Flower and Garden recommendations

macefamily

Original Poster
We're off to F & G tomorrow for our third park visit of the week. I have been told by some friends to try the "sushi doughnut." Hmmmm. Anyone have any 'must-trys ?'
Thanks.

Zé_Carioca

The sushi doughnut was indeed delicious but sadly its no longer being offered (it was for the festival of the arts). The Japan booth does have frushi (fruit sushi) though which is always a popular dish. For me personally I think the Honey Bee-stro is a must visit, if you love cheesecake theirs is to die for. I really enjoyed the Impossible meatball at Trowel & Trellis. I also loved the Tuna at Citrus Blossom and the smoked salmon at the Arbor. I do not eat meat aside from fish so I don't know from personal experience but my friends have enjoyed the torta at the mexico Jardin de Fiestas booth and all dishes from the smokehouse in America.

jmunzert

OOOO OOOOO just got back this Monday and by far for sweet the violet blueberry vanilla cronut at Taste Track was crazy delicious! The fried green tomatoes at the Arbor( terrace indoor ) was my fave followed by the blackened shrimp w/ grits at Florida Fresh, the scallops at the Canada booth was REALLY good too, scallops were cooked perfectly, as Zé_Carioca mentioned the impossible meatball was really good along with the street corn, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh so much to choose from

LeighM

I haven't been yet this year but based on my experience last year, the must dos for the returning booths are: Honey Bee-stro (that cheesecake!!!), La Isla Fresca (shrimp skewer), Florida Fresh (shrimp/grits and key lime tart), Northern Bloom (seared scallops).

macefamily

Original Poster
You guys were on point ! Agree that the shrimp and grits, scallops, brisket poutine, and potato pancakes with seared onions and ham were on point. I stayed away from the sweet stuff, but I did try some wine and IPA's. All good. Goat cheese tart, beef tenderloin tips, tuna and noodle salad, and grilled street corn on the cob were awesome too. Got to talk to a few chefs about their dishes; all great people. We went counter-clockwise around the lake starting at Flavor Full Kitchen so by the time I got to Arbor and Jardin de Fiestas, I tapped out. Very disappointed I couldn't fit in the fried green tomato and Tlakoyo at Mexico.

jmunzert

You guys were on point ! Agree that the shrimp and grits, scallops, brisket poutine, and potato pancakes with seared onions and ham were on point. I stayed away from the sweet stuff, but I did try some wine and IPA's. All good. Goat cheese tart, beef tenderloin tips, tuna and noodle salad, and grilled street corn on the cob were awesome too. Got to talk to a few chefs about their dishes; all great people. We went counter-clockwise around the lake starting at Flavor Full Kitchen so by the time I got to Arbor and Jardin de Fiestas, I tapped out. Very disappointed I couldn't fit in the fried green tomato and Tlakoyo at Mexico.

oh yeah I started at the Arbor for those fantastic fried green tomatoes but I still managed to find room when I ended up in Canada for the scallops 😋, even managed to poke in a beignet at POR before bed ( I don't think food intake counts at WDW )

micknminnie

Sounds awesome. We are going next week and cannot wait to try everything. How were the lines?

jmunzert

Sounds awesome. We are going next week and cannot wait to try everything. How were the lines?
I was there this past Sunday in the afternoon and evening ( closed it down ) and I thought the lines were VERY manageable, we hit some popular ones and it seems like we only had maybe no more than 4 people ahead of us, the longest line we encountered was for the beloved Orange Bird sipper cup ( at the Citrus Blossom stand) and even that was only around 5 minutes. We were prepared for a hoard since it was the 1st weekend for the festival but we were extremely surprised at how tame it was, the afternoon did seem a little busier than the evening. How exciting, hope you have a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom