EPCOT Extra Dining Hour

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
According to the Disney Parks Blog, EPCOT will be testing an extra hour of dining after the park closes. This will be at three restaurants, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill, from March 28th to April 10th.

Good to see they're testing this kind of thing, ideally they'll just start keeping the park open as appropriate instead of just 9 PM all the time.

Full article here: Extra Time to Dine at EPCOT

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Knowing my luck, this will work out wonderfully and they'll bring it back on June 1, just in time for the summer season.

Of course, my trip ends May 31......:brick:

tampabrad

Awesome. I like to eat late, but hate to miss Illuminations. Most of the restaurants stay open late with stragglers anyway. Now I can watch Illuminations, eat and avoid the exit crowds.

RoRo

Dangit! The only time for Le Cellier is at 9 during Illuminations on April 10 :brick:. I guess I will be a little late for my reservation :drevil:.

devoy1701

According to the Disney Parks Blog, EPCOT will be testing an extra hour of dining after the park closes. This will be at three restaurants, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill, from March 28th to April 10th.

Good to see they're testing this kind of thing, ideally they'll just start keeping the park open as appropriate instead of just 9 PM all the time.

Full article here: Extra Time to Dine at EPCOT

I almost booked a 9:50pm ressie for Le Cellier...but then I thought that I didn't actually want to eat that late on just a day trip. :shrug:

Thurp

I can't imagine eating that late. I'm sure the servers are thrilled too that they now have to be there for at least another hour.

But if this means that Epcot will extend its hours at some point, then I'm all for it. 9 is too early for such a fun park.

harryk

How long will they hold your reservations before giving them to a 'walk-in'?
Most I have had will only hold reservations for 15 minutes and some only 10 minutes.
(Or so they claim...)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I can't imagine eating that late. I'm sure the servers are thrilled too that they now have to be there for at least another hour.

But if this means that Epcot will extend its hours at some point, then I'm all for it. 9 is too early for such a fun park.

I think that if I were a server, I'd be happy to see the extra tips at the end of the night...and an extra hour at Le Cellier is just GOOD NEWS all around. For many guests that come from metropolitan areas (NYC especially), 9pm is early to head out to eat. I forsee this experiment to be huge success-at least with the popular restaurants.

Nikki M

There is no way I could eat that late. I have major esophagus issues, so no eating after 7:00. This would be great if it pushes the park to stay open later than 9:00 each night, though. Here's hoping!

How about just keeping the ice cream shop open after Illuminations? 30,000+ walking past a closed ice cream shop...I am sure more than a few would get something if it was open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom