EPCOT Eggstravaganza only available for 17 days at 2018 F&G Festival

Radeksgrl

Original Poster
I went to EPCOT yesterday ready to do the Eggstravaganza egg hunt, only to find it was not yet available. Last year I did the egg hunt as soon as the festival started. I asked a cast member and found out that this year it is only March 16 thru April 1 (and only thru March 23 for passholders with spring blockout dates). Does anyone know why it is so short this year? Weren’t the eggs out for the entire festival length in past years?

Since the egg hunt wasn’t available I checked out the Spike bee Pollen Nation hunt and was disappointed. It was the same exact Spike figure at each location. For all the other yearly scavenger hunts, there are different items at each location (Figment in different artwork for Arts Festival, different character eggs for F&G Eggstravaganza, and Remy with different veggies for F&W).

In any case, I just wanted to warn people about the egg hunt since it is for such a limited time this year. Especially for those of us who have annual passes with spring blockout dates, myself included, it literally only gives you one week to see the eggs.

Last edited:

Kman101

I think the Spike bee hunt thing is a clever little idea, but surprised they didn't vary up the design of him in different spots. I guess the novelty there is trying to spot him, but it's still fun to see something different. Maybe they'll improve on it next year.

It is a bit odd the dates for this seem shorter. I know they're silly to some but I think the egg hunts are fun and a little different, forcing you to maybe explore a pavilion you don't always go into or explore. I think it works in Epcot but I know Disneyland does it in Downtown and the two parks, so an expansion on it might be fun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I went to EPCOT yesterday ready to do the Eggstravaganza egg hunt, only to find it was not yet available. Last year I did the egg hunt as soon as the festival started. I asked a cast member and found out that this year it is only March 16 thru April 1 (and only thru March 23 for passholders with spring blockout dates). Does anyone know why it is so short this year? Weren’t the eggs out for the entire festival length in past years?
Not sure of the reason, but it was announced a few months back that it would be limited dates.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epc...nd-joined-by-new-honey-bee-scavenger-hunt.htm

djkidkaz

My guess is you can sell two maps to repeat visitors instead of one. If your an AP holder you will come and do the egg hunt one and done. Now you have to buy two maps to do both hunts. That’s my guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom