epcot changing?

should they change epcot?

• Total voters

et12830

Original Poster
i was in epcot yesterday and was stopped to do a survey on how future world looks with questions like "is the overall look and atmosphere of future world acceptable?" and "what's your opinion of future world and what rides have you been on so far and what was your opinion of those rides?" is this more proof about a ride/overhaul?

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

i was in epcot yesterday and was stopped to do a survey on how future world looks with questions like "is the overall look and atmosphere of future world acceptable?" is this more proof about a ride?

How would the Atmosphere of Future World be about a ride??

IMO The only thing that needs to be a Big Improvement is the Removal of the Pinstore Canvas shades that cover the Hub of Innoventions and Keep the Music loop of this area..

et12830

Original Poster
How would the Atmosphere of Future World be about a ride??

IMO The only thing that needs to be a Big Improvement is the Removal of the Pinstore Canvas shades that cover the Hub of Innoventions and Keep the Music loop of this area..
i meant an overhaul of future world.

Figments Friend

Hoping more folks who were stopped answered 'not good'....

Future World needs a complete revamp and I'm not just talking about the Pavilions.
A fresh new look to the general area would be nice... back to clean, timeless designs instead of the mishmash of visual clutter.

The tarps and poles being removed would be a good start.....not to mention the stone 'graveyard' in front of Spaceship Earth.

-

Cmdr_Crimson

Future World needs a complete revamp and I'm not just talking about the Pavilions.
A fresh new look to the general area would be nice... back to clean, timeless designs instead of the remnants of overloaded visual clutter.
The tarps and poles have to go...not to mention the stone 'graveyard' in front of Spaceship Earth.

-

In other words....Anything or Everything Before EPCOT94.....

DisneyPrincess5

I hear ya. I wish they'd poll us...we'd be a huge and honest help ;)

With polling those simply walking around, you never know who you will get or what their history with/connection to Epcot is. You could get families who've never been and are unfamiliar with Epcot past (nothing to compare the current state to) who say "it was awesome-our kids loved Nemo and Test Track!" There's in betweeners. These loathes and lovers. Then there's a large population of people familiar with Epcot and Disney's history who may say "it can be SO much more than it is now!"

Hard to know what the result will be when you consider the contributing answers to the survey.

The Empress Lilly

I think they are looking for 'not good' answers. For an upcoming FW overhaul. For all my rallying at the current clutter, I'm not sure as a traditionalist I will appreciate the result. Not if anybody who remotely considers a superhero thrill ride in FW acceptable has anything to do with it.

Innoventions is a hospice at the moment, as if they are waiting for the lasts contracts to die to demolish it all, buildings that is, at least the northern halves.

flyerjab

I know that @marni1971 has stated in other threads that we should most likely expect the look and feel of Epcot from the entry all the way up through to the beginning of World Showcase to change and have a more organic feel to it. He has also hinted at Innoventions areas to be changing as well, including a new (or refurbed) eating location. The monoliths out front should disappear, and that this could be viewed as Epcot's version of a MSUSA. At least that is what I think that he said.

et12830

Original Poster

A fresh new look to the general area would be nice... back to clean, timeless designs instead of the mishmash of visual clutter.

The tarps and poles being removed would be a good start.....not to mention the stone 'graveyard' in front of Spaceship Earth.

-
I agree! It's too outdated…

RSoxNo1

Here's your solution. Create an obvious distinction between Tomorrowland and Future World. A definitive line can be established based on existing infrastructure and attractions. Both areas need significant work so now is as good a time as any to establish what's needed.

Tomorrowland: This will be a fantasy view of the future, grounded in intellectual property.
Future World: This will be a realistic view of the future, grounded in original concepts, history and realistic visions of the future and/or modern technologies.

This would result in wholesale changes to both locations. What I'd love to see would be a new Space Mountain building inside Epcot, near Mission: SPACE (possibly demolishing Wonders of Life). I'd also like to see an upgraded Carousel of Progress in Future World as well. If it's part of a new Horizons concept, even better. The reality is that Space Mountain in it's current Magic Kingdom state needs a new track and entirely new effects. Why not use this as an opportunity to build a new one in Epcot while running promotions on the current one before it goes away?

I want to see a peoplemover in Future World and I'd love to see Nemo removed in favor of a new Seas pavilion (or perhaps even a new concept their entirely as that's a better fit for Animal Kingdom at this point). As for Imagination, there were rumors that Dreamfinder and Figment would find their way to Tomorrowland as well as meet and greet characters. I wouldn't oppose this, but could see a logical fit in either land.

I could also see Future World being renamed to Discoveryland to better represent past, present and future.

doctornick

I could also see Future World being renamed to Discoveryland to better represent past, present and future.

One thing I would say is that there is no reason that Future World has to remain one land in total. It's possible/reasonable to subdivide the area into different "lands" with different themes or orientations. We are all used to Epcot being a certain way, but it doesn't have to keep the same format or even a tweeked version.

DManRightHere

At this rate it seems they'll just do away with future world. I guess they could embrace world showcase into future world and build attractions that way. Soarin, Living with the land, and SSE definitely would fit in. Build big attractions based on other countries? They may need more distinct lands to draw bigger crowds though..

RSoxNo1

One thing I would say is that there is no reason that Future World has to remain one land in total. It's possible/reasonable to subdivide the area into different "lands" with different themes or orientations. We are all used to Epcot being a certain way, but it doesn't have to keep the same format or even a tweeked version.
I'd take the Westcot model.

The Empress Lilly

I agree with my mind that EPCOT doesn't need to be set in stone. Although not with my heart, and part of my mind thinks it should be preserved as an expression of a distinct period.

As for different lands and orientations. As ever, EPCOT Center (paradise on earth) was way ahead and already had that covered. There is a distinct difference between FW West and East, and even the center too, much more pronounced before. In the center, everything is round or elliptical, from where the rest of FW unfolds in concentric circles. The west is organic, the east geometric, from the gardens to the architecture.

Subtle, stylish, magnificent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom