Epcot Changes & Mixed Emotions

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Hello WDWMagic/Disney Fanatics!

I had a chance to do a pre-Turkey Day Disney trip with the family and went to the Odyssey Pavilion at Epcot to see the new changes that are coming to Epcot. The exhibit is pretty cool, I'm not going to lie. I loved the circular/surround video showcasing the updates and changes being made and the scaled down model version of Epcot in the center of the room that was used for special projection mapping effects that were in sync with the video. But, I realized that as I was watching the video and looking at the Epcot model,that for every time I was excited for the changes, I started feeling a tad upset because I had a lot of good memories of Epcot of "yesteryear". I was seven years old when I attended Epcot's opening day. I was there for the closing of Horizons (replaced by Mission Space) . I was there for the closing of World of Motion (Test Track). I've seen Spaceship earth go through the changes with narration, scene changes, and even the 2000 and "Epcot" aesthetics on the outside. I've also seen Leave A Legacy go in and be taken out. Epcot, for me, is just one of my favorite parks and while changes should be embraced, I'll keep an open mind and see what Epcot has to offer once the changes are made. If anything that has me pumped is the Guardians Of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind attraction going in (formerly Universe of Energy).

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! :)

bUU

There are always going to be those who resist change and those who relish change. Those who resist change will invariably struggle with the passage of time. Those who relish change will invariably enjoy the passage of time. The good news is that you get to decide which team you are on.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
There are always going to be those who resist change and those who relish change. Those who resist change will invariably struggle with the passage of time. Those who relish change will invariably enjoy the passage of time. The good news is that you get to decide which team you are on.

I'm not resisting the change, well, maybe I am a little, but also excited for what the future holds for Epcot. I'm sure my kids will see another revamp 30 years from now (I'll be 75 and will STILL be going to Disney, I'm sure) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom