Rumor Epcot Center & Doctor Strange Experience?

Disney Maddux

Original Poster

In this article, Mice Chat states the spine area in-between Spaceship Earth and the Fountain of Nations will no longer be part of Future World, but soon be renamed to "Epcot Center" as a reference to the original name of the park. And that somewhere in this area, a Doctor Strange show is planned...

Anyone heard anything about this?

trainplane3

In this article, Mice Chat states the spine area in-between Spaceship Earth and the Fountain of Nations will no longer be part of Future World, but soon be renamed to "Epcot Center" as a reference to the original name of the park. And that somewhere in this area, a Doctor Strange show is planned...

Anyone heard anything about this?
As referenced by my post over here, ignore until someone that hasn't had a weird history with the parks and reliable sources can confirm what's been said: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...tion-with-figment.929324/page-77#post-8730759
Pop on over to here:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/goodbye-to-its-a-small-world.955316/
Oh look, it's the same lady that wrote this article. Is there any truth to it?
Oops, she did it again...

What happened to Micechat, honestly?
MF refers to the Figment article in their post. And then...
I refrained from posting in this topic last week because I wanted to be polite.

But my God, this woman is not intelligent. Or at least she's too intelligent to be doing this kind of work. The Small World thing was beyond the pale, and bordered on just being mean for the sake of a few extra clicks on her silly gossip column. Pretending to have news that Disneyland is going to close It's A Small World on a Disneyland fan website is almost like yelling fire in a crowded theater. It's not nice.

I've seen her online here and there since the late 1990's. She was never an insightful asset to the Disneyland online fan community, aside from her sometimes interesting but always a bit gag-inducing stories of how she would meet famous 20th century Imagineers at a fan event and then fawned all over them. Or how she named her daughter Alice after Alice Davis.

Last week's Small World dumpster fire of fake news she offered, plus today's assemblage of words that say almost nothing except WDI and TDO are trying to decide what to do with the miserably bad Imagination pavilion at Epcot (duh!) and that Pete Docter was in a meeting once about it, has proven to me that she's not only jumped the shark, but that the shark then ate her and won and then did a shark dance.

I saw her in the park once about 15 years ago, just before she went offline for a decade and got really into Korean pop bands instead of Disneyland. I was going to the Harbor Galley to get a Coke, and she was standing there at the Columbia holding court with a gaggle of socially awkward grown men with unkempt beards. This was around '03 or '04, before that neckbeard look was so prevalent among the socially awkward. She was regaling them with stories of the Sailing Ship Columbia and how she once talked to Tony Baxter about the boat at a fan convention or something. I recognized her face instantly from grainy byline photos of that era, and even back then she looked absolutely nothing like her current avatar. I eavesdropped for a minute or two at the Harbor Galley condiment bar, and then shuddered and walked off feeling like I needed to get a new hobby.

I'm really surprised the website editors/owners allow her to get away with what she's been authoring recently. Her current level of work is doing damage not just to her personal brand, but also the website brand.
I'll just assume we shouldn't read into it too much.

QuasiNoFroyo

I think a full-blown Doctor Strange ride would actually be a really great idea if done correctly. With them allegedly tearing down the old Innoventions West building, they'll definitely be left with more than enough space to go ahead and build it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Maybe they make a Nepal pavilion and set Dr. Strange in a show there, though Everest covers a lot of Nepal style architecture already.

britain

So, if Dr. Strange were to go to the Imagination pavilion, we would have had...

Classic Journey: More or less an exploration of the creative process followed by the various formats of creative expression (hey, what about science?) Ok, and science as captured by time lapse cameras.

Journey Revision 1: A sad collection of optical and audio illusions.

Journey Revision 2 WITH FIGMENT: A slightly better collection of optical and audio illusions.

Dr. Strange's Journey into Imagination: The universe is so much bigger than what we think we know. A true scientist is always open to learning new things about reality. Only in our imagination can we truly glimpse the beyond.

Ok, I could get on board with this, but only if it is more "Dr. Strange is your host to learning about string theory" and less "Jedi Sorcerer Training Academy".

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I do wish Epcot could get a tark Industries expo but showcasing real technology inspired by Marvel, though I know that's impossible with the Universal contract. I know DL had one in their Innoventions building but it was already replaced and I don't believe they did much regarding real technology.

I mean, Adam Savage, the Hacksmith (on youtube) and Gravity Industries have been working on putting together a lot of the technology of Iron Man.

FigmentJedi

How does the mystical realm of Dr. Strange fit with the scientific foundation of EPCOT Center? I'd call this concept outlandish clickbait but I can't given what is being built on the UoE site right now.
Whoa! Dr. Strange IS Dreamfinder!

The Disney Kingdoms team directly compared Dr. Strange to Dreamfinder in the early press for the Figment comic series.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So, if Dr. Strange were to go to the Imagination pavilion, we would have had...

Classic Journey: More or less an exploration of the creative process followed by the various formats of creative expression (hey, what about science?) Ok, and science as captured by time lapse cameras.

Journey Revision 1: A sad collection of optical and audio illusions.

Journey Revision 2 WITH FIGMENT: A slightly better collection of optical and audio illusions.

Dr. Strange's Journey into Imagination: The universe is so much bigger than what we think we know. A true scientist is always open to learning new things about reality. Only in our imagination can we truly glimpse the beyond.

Ok, I could get on board with this, but only if it is more "Dr. Strange is your host to learning about string theory" and less "Jedi Sorcerer Training Academy".

Strange is a doctor not a scientist. So it doesn't work on that front. But I guess that technically wouldn't stop TDO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom