EPCOT Center 35th Anniversary Events?

jrhwdw

I'm in the odyessy craft beer center and they're playing a retro version of the Magical fireworks theme song. I literally didn't know such a thing existed!!
Splashtacular! EPCOT Center's try at a Stage Spectacular at the Fountain Of Nations. Should have became an instant hit and stayed much, much longer! IDK why TDO has trouble with some things that come from TDL/OLC: Splashtacular, Cinderellabration, MK's OUAT not at the same level as TDL's.

I will admit that TDL's music worked very well in Dream Along With Mickey, Disney Dreams Come True Parade and its' Pre parade!

FigmentJedi

From one of the D23 Fanniversary panels, it's "The Landkeeper", the host of The Land pavilion in its early "Balloon ride through the ecosystem" concepts.

tumblr_ox5o9nGOiF1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg

Not impressed by his "Fat Mark Twain wearing a Captain EO rainbow shirt" design, but hey, solves a mystery and it'll be something for @marni1971 to slot into his upcoming Land video.

Cmdr_Crimson

From one of the D23 Fanniversary panels, it's "The Landkeeper", the host of The Land pavilion in its early "Balloon ride through the ecosystem" concepts.

tumblr_ox5o9nGOiF1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg

Not impressed by his "Fat Mark Twain wearing a Captain EO rainbow shirt" design, but hey, solves a mystery and it'll be something for @marni1971 to slot into his upcoming Land video.

He looks like Bob Keeshan aka Captain Kangaroo....
MV5BODkwNTMxOTQwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjIyMDY2._V1_UY1200_CR142,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

matt9112

pretty sad waiting in line for the pop up store and snaking through what was once one of the coolest parts of epcot!

innovations will never be the same.

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171001_172849.jpg
20171001_125529.jpg
20171001_124520.jpg
Epcot,
I know these last few years have been hard on you. But the Bobs have gotten their hands on you but you'll be ok. Epcot Center will always be with me. You are the light of my theme park life. My precious Epcot. My precious Star-Lord...I mean oops.

Last edited:

brb1006

And during the time they don't play it outside the pavilion....Just head over to the Imagination Bathrooms connected to the pavilion....The loop has never stopped playing since..

And the music where you meet Dreamfinder and Figment the first time is at the current version of Image Works to add more salt to the wound.

rocketraccoon

If anyone is in the park, now is a good time to head to the pop-up shop. The line isn't too long anymore and it actually moves. Not sure what is sold out though

NearTheEars

Well, we bailed early. I’m sure illuminations will be great, but our couch and a cold drink was calling us. Managed to get a hat from a stand. I’m sure it’s not an exclusive one from the pop up shop, but I liked it because it was sans figment and I only waited 5 minutes for it. Our shirts are coming next week probably as we ordered them on the app while waiting in line at the parking entrance. That was probably a good call.

It was definitely a bloggers who’s who there today. Even Mr. Lou fresh off his tour of Hong Kong, Tokyo and Shanghai. They were all up on the media platform, along with the real photojournalists.

Didn’t catch a glimpse of Bob or Tony, though I probably would have been just excited to stumble upon @marni1971. Saw a few tank tops, so maybe I did hehe. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom