Epcot After 4 pass discontinued??

retroeric

Original Poster
It's not for sale on the WDW website, and I can't find any information on it. Anyone know if this has been discontinued?

Chicken Guy

It was a very odd deal, so I’m not too surprised if it’s gone. The only legitimate reason I could think of someone wanting that pass is because they live in the area, aren’t massive Disney fans, and yet somehow have a particular fondness for world showcase cuisine. Pretty niche if you ask me.

retroeric

Original Poster
It was a very odd deal, so I’m not too surprised if it’s gone. The only legitimate reason I could think of someone wanting that pass is because they live in the area, aren’t massive Disney fans, and yet somehow have a particular fondness for world showcase cuisine. Pretty niche if you ask me.
You might be surprised to know it was quite popular in this area, for exactly the reasons you stated. I personally know several people who had it, including my parents, and I had it a few times myself. It was a perfect pass for many people- Empty Nesters, or elderly, or simply people who are not theme park fans or Disney buffs but just wanted access for the countless dining options and also festivals like Flower & Garden, Food & Wine, Candlelight, etc. All in the evening/night when it's not as sweltering hot. And all with free parking and NO blockout dates. If it was so "odd", they wouldn't have offered it for 30 years.

But, as we've seen time and time again, Disney will axe anything if they think there's a way to make more money and squeeze out more from their guests. So now all these locals are tied into buying a more expensive pass that includes places they have no desire to visit. Thank you Disney.

akajulie

I, too, was wondering if it was discontinued. I'm local. We would stay at one of the hotels for the weekend. Enjoy the resort pool during the day, go to Epcot by boat, ride a few rides reserved with a fast pass, have dinner, and watch the fireworks in the evening. We have been doing this for 20 years now. I'm disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom