Epcot ADRs should I keep em?

gspin2k1

Original Poster
So my gf and I (both in our early 20s) have a short (4.5 day) trip to WDW for the first time ever middle of this month. We have one full day in Epcot. Right now we haven't decided if we're going to do the Disney Dining Plus or Deluxe plan yet. But anyway I've made ADRs for our day in Epcot at Coral Reef for lunch and Les Chefs De France for dinner. I figured we should end each day with a nice dinner (and sadly Le Cellier was all booked up, and so was Coral Reef for dinner). I was also told Coral Reef was pretty awesome and if I was lucky enough to get an ADR to keep it.

The way I see it:

Good: Maybe a much needed break off our feet and out of the sun. Plus the more table dining we do the more bang for our buck we'd be getting if we choose to go with the Deluxe Dining Plan.
Bad: Less time in the park. We may be too full to sample "dining around the world", but then again we're not really too interested in Disney's take on Asian or Mexican food.

Both reservations are pretty early to avoid waiting times for a table and being able to finish in time to get a good spot for the nightly fireworks/etc. I could hold onto both ADRs just to be safe, but I don't want to hold onto something someone else could use. Should we just keep one? (which one would you recommend).

Thanks a bunch.

~G

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So my gf and I (both in our early 20s) have a short (4.5 day) trip to WDW for the first time ever middle of this month. We have one full day in Epcot. Right now we haven't decided if we're going to do the Disney Dining Plus or Deluxe plan yet. But anyway I've made ADRs for our day in Epcot at Coral Reef for lunch and Les Chefs De France for dinner. I figured we should end each day with a nice dinner (and sadly Le Cellier was all booked up, and so was Coral Reef for dinner). I was also told Coral Reef was pretty awesome and if I was lucky enough to get an ADR to keep it.

The way I see it:

Good: Maybe a much needed break off our feet and out of the sun. Plus the more table dining we do the more bang for our buck we'd be getting if we choose to go with the Deluxe Dining Plan.
Bad: Less time in the park. We may be too full to sample "dining around the world", but then again we're not really too interested in Disney's take on Asian or Mexican food.

Both reservations are pretty early to avoid waiting times for a table and being able to finish in time to get a good spot for the nightly fireworks/etc. I could hold onto both ADRs just to be safe, but I don't want to hold onto something someone else could use. Should we just keep one? (which one would you recommend).

Thanks a bunch.

~G
Hold onto them until you're sure you won't use them. So long as you cancel when you've decided not to use them, someone will get them. Where it matters is if you don't cancel...

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Hold onto them until you're sure you won't use them. So long as you cancel when you've decided not to use them, someone will get them. Where it matters is if you don't cancel...

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I was thinking about it i'm sure even if I didn't cancel until last minute someone else would be happily waiting to take the spot.

~G

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have no idea how last minute you can cancel and still have someone else get in... But if you decide not to use an ADR, cancel when you decide.

gspin2k1

Original Poster
I have no idea how last minute you can cancel and still have someone else get in... But if you decide not to use an ADR, cancel when you decide.

I am told I can cancel any of them without penalty except for the signature restaurants (requires 48 hr advance notice). But yeah I'd prefer to cancel sooner than later (i'm sure someone else would be much more appreciative). I'm actually somewhat more excited to eat at Coral Reef than Les Chefs De France, but I was telling myself to have a nice dinner each night cus this is supposed to be a romantic trip for the girlfriend and I. Only thing is Coral Reef was all booked up for dinner (so was Le Cellier and Teppan Edo)

~G

DizneyPryncess

Since your trip is shorter, I would suggest doing the regular dining plan. The deluxe plan will almost force you to eat more, and hence take away from park time. The crowds in the middle of the month are predicted to be very high (8 and 9 out of 10). So if you have two long sit down meals planned, you may not get as much done in the park as you want to because of crowds.

So if you get the regular dining plan, you could then do only one ADR without the fear that aren't getting your money's worth from the deluxe.

If it were me, I'd keep your lunch ADR. Coral Reef is pretty cool, and you could go see the Seas before or after lunch so you can tie that all in together. I love to sample foods from around the world - it's just fun to do, and then you can see all the countries at the same time you're eating. It maximizes park time. So rather than sitting in one restaurant, you're actually getting to see the park too.

I'll be in Disney too at the same time ~ have a great trip :sohappy:

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Since your trip is shorter, I would suggest doing the regular dining plan. The deluxe plan will almost force you to eat more, and hence take away from park time. The crowds in the middle of the month are predicted to be very high (8 and 9 out of 10). So if you have two long sit down meals planned, you may not get as much done in the park as you want to because of crowds.

So if you get the regular dining plan, you could then do only one ADR without the fear that aren't getting your money's worth from the deluxe.

If it were me, I'd keep your lunch ADR. Coral Reef is pretty cool, and you could go see the Seas before or after lunch so you can tie that all in together. I love to sample foods from around the world - it's just fun to do, and then you can see all the countries at the same time you're eating. It maximizes park time. So rather than sitting in one restaurant, you're actually getting to see the park too.

I'll be in Disney too at the same time ~ have a great trip :sohappy:

Yeah I think I may end up doing that. Admittedly I'm actually more excited for Coral Reef than Les Chefs De France. It's funny I haven't even gone to WDW yet and I can't even wait for our next trip to have more time to do more things lol.

~G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom