EPCOT~ a cool place in the afternoon heat?

ask!

Just wondering if EPCOT is a good park for the hot and humid afternoon instead of heading back to the hotel for a swim/nap?

What do you think?

Andrea

coltow

Just wondering if EPCOT is a good park for the hot and humid afternoon instead of heading back to the hotel for a swim/nap?

What do you think?

Andrea
Sure! We hit the countries. There are lots of little shops and attractions that will keep you out of the sun for awhile.

Upvote 0

Patsc85

Space Ship Earth is (when its open!) the best "get out of the heat" ride at any of the WDW Parks. Hall of presidents, and American Adventure tie for a close second.

But the countries are indeed a great place to go. Ride Malestrom and then stay for the little video afterwards, see the Canada and China videos too!
Wander around Innoventions, check out the Cool Station.

Epcot is indeed a great park for what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Yes, I think so...
Epcot has:
Many indoor attractions including The Cool Station, The Character Spot, Universe of Energy, Soarin', Living w/ the Land, Circle of Life, Nemo & Friends, Turtle Talk w/ Crush, Exhibits at The Living Seas, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Journey Into Imagination w/ Figment, Innoventions, Mission: Space, the films & boat rides at the World Showcase.
You can also visit the Yacht & Beach Club resorts & the Boardwalk resort via Epcot's International Gateway in the World Showcase for a quick meal, snack or shopping experience.
:wave:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Sure, you'll feel all bultured and everything as you walk through the various (air-conditioned) exhibits in World Showcase. Plus every country has at least one sit-down restaurant (except America-go figure) where you can relax and enjoy a leisurely meal. Plus, in Future World there are also various exhibits that don't necessarily require you to be on a long line outside.

Having said all that, never underestimate the rejuvenating power of getting out of the parks for a rest poolside or a nap back in the room.

Upvote 0

PrincessofP!NK

yes!
go to club cool and get free drinks, then walk over to innoventions and go to fantastic plastic works to get a free robot [ its about 5 inches tall] then take a break in the restaraunt! :D

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Ellen's Energy Adventure can be good for almost an hour out of the sun!:lol: If the seats were padded better, a nice nap could be had there too.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
^^Oh, I've certainly enjoyed a nice nap inside of Ellen's Energy Adventure. That, along with Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents are great for catching a few zzzzz's in.

I would recommend going to Club Cool, where you can get free soda. Yes, free soda. At Disneyworld. Amazing, isn't it? Anyway, most of the samples are quite good, and have provided me with a necessary pick me up many times. And again, it's free.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I would go back to the hotel. While there are many indoor attractions/restaurants/shops at Epcot, they are spaced pretty far apart. Epcot is a lot of walking, and almost none of it is shaded. Also, there are no good places to sit down while the kids run around.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
yes!
go to club cool and get free drinks, then walk over to innoventions and go to fantastic plastic works to get a free robot [ its about 5 inches tall] then take a break in the restaraunt! :D

I think I'll start posting like this.
If I do do you think anyone will read anything I post.
Center justification and pink font is cute and all that, but not very easy to read.

Upvote 0

reptar77

Go to the seas and watch to fish in the aquarium or the manatees. Wait in line for turtle talk.

Go to the land
If all the attractions have long wait times we get a snack and the Seasons and people watch.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I would go back to the hotel. While there are many indoor attractions/restaurants/shops at Epcot, they are spaced pretty far apart. Epcot is a lot of walking, and almost none of it is shaded. Also, there are no good places to sit down while the kids run around.

Agree. If it's hot, then it's going to be hot in EPCOT and you will be walking some long distances out in the open.
A wise old Disney bus driver told us once, "EPCOT stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired."

EPCOT is neat at night.

:)

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

haha very funny guys.
but.. I dont understand. its so easy to read, but if it makes yall happy ill stop.. and type in black:shrug:

Have you changed the default colour of the background on your userCP? If not, go back to default, and try to read your posts. I usually have to highlight your responses to read them. Kind of annoying to me, but maybe some don't care or have a different BGC. Don't take it personally, we're just having some FUN. That's what ThinkTink wants us to do here.:lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

When it's hot, it's hot no matter which park you're walking around. The A/C will feel great no matter which one you're in. I like EPCOT because you can get a cold adult beverage from each country. This helps to keep cool, but if it's really hot, that can cause you to burn out too fast and you don't want that.

I vote for the hotel swim and nap, then head over to EPCOT. If you're staying on property, you'll have EMH at the end of the day (if planned right) and you can hit the attractions with little wait.

If you do want to go "around" the world, then go for it! We do it a lot! It's fun, but if it's really hot, keep several bottles of water flowing between each adult beverage, this way you make it around!

have fun!

Upvote 0

Ivan72

While I would never minimize the value of a nice relaxing, cooling swim back at the Hotel, there are many nice cool diversions in Epcot as others have posted. When our daughters were young, we often went back for a short swim and rest. Then it was back to close out the park! We love the parks at night and the value of not having utterly exhausted zombie kids is priceless.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom