Epcot 8/21 Photo Update: Falling Stars & Rising Stars

sillyspook13

*passes out*
thud.gif

It's so beautiful!

al5957

Wow those pictures are amazing. Now do you think that they will get all the lighting effects going again? I would love to see SSE restored back to the glory days.

aeromike

As a person who wanted the wand to stay, spaceship earth looks much better than i thought it would, its really nice and more of an eyesore than it used to be, with the wand there, you pretty much focused on only the wand! I like it! My mom thinks its not disneyish though without the wand!

LivinWitTheLand

At least we only have to see the graveyard for a short period of time while entering the park. The wand was a park wide reminder of a bad idea gone worse.

kucarachi

The Fall Of THe Third Reich!

I know most of you are acting like we just ended world war 2 since the wand has been overtaken! But you have to admit it looks pretty dull now, at least before you got the impression that maybe elton john lived there with the wand. Now you have nothing to complain about the ball anymore....Just like with the castle nobody likes change anymore...i for one enjoy slappin on a new pair of shoes in the magic kingdom every couple of years. Anyway enjoy your victory over the mickey hand ...but beware i hear its being reconstructed in the parking lot to show you where to park!

alphac2005

The UGH, Wand

I've read basically all the wand threads, but have never posted about it. :ROFLOL:

I'm THRILLED to see it gone. My wife and I lived in Orlando for six years and watched the 2000 Wand go up. It was OK for the idea of the Millenium hoopla. Once Disney removed 2000 and we watched Disney put Epcot up in giant letters, it was just pathetic.

The wand, to me, became just so patronizing. With Pressler and the gang at the Theme Park Division, every little thing was being taken away, prices raised, and quality nosediving. To me it was this little insult from these folks of "look at how dumb our customer is," and we'll be certain to let them know where they are.. Epcot.. in GIGANTIC letters. Just so cheesy and, of course, it must have also been seen as a nice little stream of revenue for Disney sold photographs of you and yours in front of Spaceship Earth with the Wand.

Spaceship Earth is a architectural beauty. Now with stars and wand removed, the proper perspective has returned to the structure. Some of the changes that they did for the Millenium, I certainly enjoy. I love the colored 'swirly things' that are around the Innoventions area and I like the canopies as well.

ROEFan88

As a person who wanted the wand to stay, spaceship earth looks much better than i thought it would, its really nice and more of an eyesore than it used to be, with the wand there, you pretty much focused on only the wand! I like it! My mom thinks its not disneyish though without the wand!

I agree that the wand used to draw attention away from SSE, but i don't quite understand - are you calling SSE an eyesore? Surely the wand was the eyesore?:confused:

Don't mean to pick at you, I'm just wondering what you mean.:hammer:

P.S. Thanks for the pictures, the smile they put on my face a few hours ago is still there!!!! SSE is BACK, and Muppet Mobile Labs needs to stay at WDW!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom