EPCOT 25th Gallery was CLOSED today - what's up?

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Went to EPCOT this morning and at about 10:30 am went to check out the 25th Gallery and it was CLOSED. The double doors were locked. :eek: I just did a search on these forums and couldn't find any information...anyone know what the deal was?

I have never seen it locked. I tried to peek in the cracks in the doors and I could see the lights were on but there wasn't anyone in there. I wondered if there was some kind of private tour going on but I couldn't see people at all.

A custodial CM came by as I was trying every way to get the doors open and he said he didn't understand why it was locked up, that it was not normal, and that only security has the combination to get in, not even management has the combination.

:eek: Wonder what the deal was? :eek:

2895279531_2884ecc84b.jpg

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Maybe Security hadn't gotten around to opening it yet? :shrug:

Ok. They don't open an attraction at 10:30am? :lookaroun During Food and Wine Fest....? When EPCOT is just starting to really get busy right before the Food and Wine booths open?

:lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've seen it closed for no apparent reason before. At the time I thought whatever CM was working there needed a bathroom break or something and had locked up while they went. Never did figure it out.

We finally got in to see it on our last trip. :shrug:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I've seen it closed for no apparent reason before. At the time I thought whatever CM was working there needed a bathroom break or something and had locked up while they went. Never did figure it out.

We finally got in to see it on our last trip. :shrug:

OK so you were just here a few weeks ago....so maybe they are closing it more frequently lately...? I have never seen it closed and I've visited it a lot over the year.

I am just really surprised that it was closed on the first Sunday of Food and Wine. :eek: How dumb.

goodolgm

Due to overwhelming guest demand, the 25th Anniversary Gallery has been closed, and will be converted into more dining and shopping offerings and experiences.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I don't understand I really love it! Why? Did they closed the EPCOT25th Gallery! I will be open next month October?:confused:

I'm not saying it was closed. It was just closed at 10:30 am on the first Sunday of Food and Wine which seems weird and I was wondering if anyone knew why.

:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
More to the point, one of the timeframes mentioned on October 1st 2007 was opening for one year for the 25th - which ends this Tuesday. Would shift patterns / F&W starting have an impact on it? It isn`t exactly CM-intensive I agree, but makes you wonder.

Maybe the DisneyVision preshow will return.... or half of Expo Robotics? A true retro exhibition :D

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
More to the point, one of the timeframes mentioned on October 1st 2007 was opening for one year for the 25th - which ends this Tuesday. Would shift patterns / F&W starting have an impact on it? It isn`t exactly CM-intensive I agree, but makes you wonder.

Maybe the DisneyVision preshow will return.... or half of Expo Robotics? A true retro exhibition :D

I know - I had that cold fear that it is ending. I didn't want to say that because it is sensationalism so I posted a "anyone know what the deal is?" thread because it seemed more low-key. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

So you think that it will only last a year?:(

Sheesh...Glad I saw it in Aug.:zipit:

TheDisneyMagic

Core, Disney Vision, now that brings back some memories, that was many a year ago.

I think it was just some kind of mistake that it was closed, maybe forgotten about, was anyone there later in the afternoon who would know whether it was open again later on?

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Core, Disney Vision, now that brings back some memories, that was many a year ago.

I think it was just some kind of mistake that it was closed, maybe forgotten about, was anyone there later in the afternoon who would know whether it was open again later on?

I should have gone to guest relations and complained! :lol::lol::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom