Epcot $1 entrance lockers... gone!

cdd89

Original Poster
To my shock and dismay, the $1 lockers at Epcot’s main entrance (pre-security, near the bus areas) are now gone!

This must have been one of the last remaining amazing values at WDW. I was left renting a $15(!) locker inside the park for the same service.

There are still a few of the good value lockers located in certain resorts, but I bet not for long :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
To my shock and dismay, the $1 lockers at Epcot’s main entrance (pre-security, near the bus areas) are now gone!

This must have been one of the last remaining amazing values at WDW. I was left renting a $15(!) locker inside the park for the same service.

There are still a few of the good value lockers located in certain resorts, but I bet not for long :(
Actually they are nit the same “service”. If you need access to the locker throughout the day, not having to stand in the security line another time is worth the money.

cdd89

Original Poster
Very true. But from my point of view, as someone who only needed access once as a place to dump my bag after arriving from the airport, it’s the same service. And the “in-park” $15 lockers are actually less convenient as I have to bring a fairly large bag through park security, to the exasperated sighs of those behind me (why can’t the parks have X-Ray scanners like Disneyland Paris - but that’s another story...)

cdd89

Original Poster
massive security risk. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.
I’m sure that’ll be the reason given for their removal. But if explosive-based crime is what is on someone’s mind, I’d suggest there might be a few more successful locations than a contained metal locker in a secluded baggage storage area near the distant buses that few people knew about.

You’ll have to excuse cynical old me, but I think “massive profit risk” is a more accurate reason for their decline and removal. Given the trend over the last few years, I totally agree with the second half of your statement though ;)

Maeryk

I’m sure that’ll be the reason given for their removal. But if explosive-based crime is what is on someone’s mind, I’d suggest there might be a few more successful locations than a contained metal locker in a secluded baggage storage area near the distant buses that few people knew about.

You’ll have to excuse cynical old me, but I think “massive profit risk” is a more accurate reason for their decline and removal. Given the trend over the last few years, I totally agree with the second half of your statement though ;)

There may be better places, but they have been steadily eliminating most of them, as mass gathering choke points before security right in front of the parks are being eliminated and moved away where possible, etc etc. They can't super-harden the place overnight, but they are working steadily towards a much more passively secure position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom