Entertainment Stage Tech Interview

Xayton

Original Poster
So I have an interview for this position next week and I kind of have a problem that I don't know how to address. I understand the three main areas Disney wants you to know and will ask questions about are Audio, Lighting, and Pyro. When I applied it asked me what I knew and I said that I ONLY knew about pyro (10 years). My resume says the same thing. No where in my resume or application did I make any mention of knowing audio or lighting. That being said I am getting an interview on what I assuming is being involved with pyro for 10 years and thats it. I don't exactly know how to address this or even prepare for my interview. I want the job but at the same time I feel like I might just be wasting their time in my interview. Any thoughts, suggestions, or anything really would be helpful.

Marky Mark

Be up front and honest first and foremost. That being said, dont go into ANY interview selling yourself short.
The fact that they are giving you an interview is a GREAT sign.
You must make yourself look and be desirable. Focus on letting them know your skills, this is where you must sell yourself.

As far as what you dont know, be upfront about your knowledge but reassure them you are a fast learner and let them know what your are good at that RELATES to what you dont know. Remember, steer the conversation to your strengths. Really let you people skills show here.

Dont go in feeling like your not the man/woman for the job. You must convince them you are, but first convince yourself if need be.

That being said, if you dont feel comfortable in your knowledge of or ability to LEARN the skills required, then perhaps you should apply for a different position until you have taken the classes in said field.

Best of luck to you friend, and remember " You miss 100% of the shots you dont take"
-Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott
-Marky Mark

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom