Entertainment or lack there of

Tink76

Original Poster
My family has planned an October trip to WDW. It was disappointing to look at the entertainment calendar and see no fireworks at any of the parks happening during this time period.
On top of that the familiar entertainment as you strolled around Epcot was let go. My husband loved the Japanese drummers.
We have always done the Halloween Boo-spectacular. Not this year, you are getting less for your money.
The park prices rise and you get less for that big entrance fee.
When will the entertainment and fireworks be back?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
There have been fireworks at MK and EPCOT since July 1st and there will continue to be.
I believe HS is getting a projection show in September. (?)
Several more entertainment options are coming back in August like Beauty and the Beast live on stage and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.
There's the Jammin' Chefs, the Mariachi Cobre, Voices of Liberty, and a piano player in EPCOT...
I believe there could be more entertainment updates that I'm missing too.
Its been a process to get entertainment back but its happening.
If you are unsatisfied then you may want to consider a different destination.

Last edited:

Tink76

Original Poster
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
There have been fireworks at MK and EPCOT since July 1st and there will continue to be.
I believe HS is getting a projection show in September. (?)
Several more entertainment options are coming back in August like Beauty and the Beast live on stage and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.
There's the Jammin' Chefs, the Mariachi Cobre, Voices of Liberty, and a piano player in EPCOT...
I believe there could be more entertainment updates that I'm missing too.
Its been a process to get entertainment back but its happening.
If you are unsatisfied then you may want to and nothing is scheduled for October.consider a different destination.
If you look at the site the current fireworks at the end of September

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
WDW always had a history of dragging their feet to release schedules. And with the uncertainty this year they're probably even more feet draggy. I remember even years ago waiting for the StarWars Fireworks show to be confirmed and times to be posted, and other night shows too. Just the way they do lol. They'd release them in chunks/seasons and really let the clock tick down before releasing the next set. Was always quite annoying trying to plan around.

Tink76

Original Poster
When I looked this morning there was nothing on the schedule for my week. Plus it showed the end of September for the end of the MK and Epcot fireworks.
I have always loved the fireworks and would miss not seeing it during my visit.
so it’s a plus knowing something will be shown.
Still the other missing items get thumbs down. I have been visiting Disney since 76 I have seen some good stuff and not so good stuff happen through the years. Do they really need another hotel by the Swan and Dolphin? Put the money back into the parks.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
When I looked this morning there was nothing on the schedule for my week. Plus it showed the end of September for the end of the MK and Epcot fireworks.
Still the other missing items get thumbs down. I have been visiting Disney since 76 I have seen some good stuff and not so good stuff happen through the years. Do they really need another hotel by the Swan and Dolphin? Put the money back into the parks.

If you are no longer getting the value you once did all I can suggest is you speak with your wallet.

castlecake2.0

Disney isn’t building that hotel, it’s third party. I still think you’ll have a good time on your visit, there’s still lots happening and opening before your trip. If you don’t enjoy it, stop by Guest Relations and tell them about your experience and feelings. If we don’t tell the mouse our thoughts verbally or through our spending he won’t change.

JIMINYCR

Its slowly coming back as they decide to rehire, or when they can get workers to come back. All across the country places are having worker shortages. Disneys no different. But its been no secret that these entertainers and other forms of entertainment is missing. The information of what you will encounter on a trip back is available so if you decide the value of a trip isnt there yet then delay your trip. Decide if there is enough enjoyment for you and your family despite the missing elements to make it worthwhile. Dont moan that theres no value and still take that trip.

Ricky Spanish

FDDDF8DF-D6EE-4ED7-A9AB-0C60F90084A9.jpeg

Snake

That's because they make more money on hotels and its way less of an investment. You don't have to worry about imagineering a hotel just right. Spend one night at the Poly or buy a 10 day park hopper?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom