Entertainment or lack there of

aliceismad

Do they really need another hotel by the Swan and Dolphin? Put the money back into the parks.
The new hotel by Swan and Dolphin isn't owned by Disney. (Nor are Swan and Dolphin.)

Now one could argue that Disney shouldn't have built Riviera, which is the new DVC by Caribbean Beach. Some might argue that they are putting money into the Parks - building SW:GE, MMRR, Rat, Tron, GotG. It is debatable whether that is enough of an investment to keep parkgoers happy paired with increased prices and some decreases (pre-covid) of live entertainment and food quality. There are lots and lots of threads debating it.

Disstevefan1

When I looked this morning there was nothing on the schedule for my week. Plus it showed the end of September for the end of the MK and Epcot fireworks.
I have always loved the fireworks and would miss not seeing it during my visit.
so it’s a plus knowing something will be shown.
Still the other missing items get thumbs down. I have been visiting Disney since 76 I have seen some good stuff and not so good stuff happen through the years. Do they really need another hotel by the Swan and Dolphin? Put the money back into the parks.
The pandemic really screwed things for the guests, TWDC not so much.

Side note. I purchased The Jungle Cruise on Disney + , something I would not have done if the pandemic never happened. Ya know, I liked it, now we got the crystal clear big screens at home. It’s great! Disney wins again.

Back to the pandemic, TWDC was able to cut and slash everything while raising prices on everything. Look at EPCOT. Will the walls ever come down?

Now with the spikes due to the variant, who knows what’s going to happen. WDW will change things at a moment’s notice and there’s nothing guests can do about it. Going forward there is just a big old question mark.

Who knows. This latest spike could burn its self out by Oct. Let’s see what happens.

Last edited:

Tink76

Original Poster
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
There have been fireworks at MK and EPCOT since July 1st and there will continue to be.
I believe HS is getting a projection show in September. (?)
Several more entertainment options are coming back in August like Beauty and the Beast live on stage and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.
There's the Jammin' Chefs, the Mariachi Cobre, Voices of Liberty, and a piano player in EPCOT...
I believe there could be more entertainment updates that I'm missing too.
Its been a process to get entertainment back but its happening.
If you are unsatisfied then you may want to consider a different destination.
Hard to change a destination when planning for a family of ten. But the consensus of most of the ten is that you get more enjoyment for the money at Universal. As adults they have grown tired of the magic. There are only a handful of experience that interest them.

Since my original posting there was an update that new fireworks will begin in time for the 50th. But Epcot entertainment still remains incomplete when going country to country.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Hard to change a destination when planning for a family of ten. But the consensus of most of the ten is that you get more enjoyment for the money at Universal. As adults they have grown tired of the magic. There are only a handful of experience that interest them.

Since my original posting there was an update that new fireworks will begin in time for the 50th. But Epcot entertainment still remains incomplete when going country to country.

I witnessed plenty of entertainment a week and a half ago.

My family USED to go to Universal but we grew tired of it as it changed too much for our liking.
My sister and I in our 40's and 30's respectively still enjoy the Disney magic.
But to each their own.
Hope your family of 10 has a fabulous time at Universal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom