Entertainment News

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Some entertainment appears to be returning to Epcot!! Alberta Bound is returning to the Mill Stage in the Canada Pavilion on October 1st, 2021. The band features Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes both who worked with Off Kilter and CC Dixon who worked with Mulch, Sweat & Shears along with some other terrific musicians. Nice to see some of the great entertainment returning to Disney!!!

castlecake2.0

Some entertainment appears to be returning to Epcot!! Alberta Bound is returning to the Mill Stage in the Canada Pavilion on October 1st, 2021. The band features Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes both who worked with Off Kilter and CC Dixon who worked with Mulch, Sweat & Shears along with some other terrific musicians. Nice to see some of the great entertainment returning to Disney!!!
Wow! Canada getting some love. Now we just need the attraction to stop being a food booth. Looking forward to seeing them perform.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
This is very good news. WS entertainment can't return soon enough. Now bring back the World Showcase Players!
I was there for the last day of their performances, what a great time was had. Also I saw the head of entertainment ( I cant recall his name, tall gentleman) was in the audience so I went over and spoke with him directly about the loss of the great entertainment would have on the park and the disappointment of the fans of all of the acts we were losing over those few days. The park really hasnt been the same for me since. Alberta Bound is a huge help as the Mill Stage always felt like home to me, so having friends there is wonderful. Marie

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
On behalf of the entire Canadian Pavilion, we don’t lol
That was an insult to the pavilion, not to mention the great entertainment cast of Disney. Literally they found these guys in a roadside carnival type of thing out on 192!!! I wish I was joking on this one but I'm not. Check it out: https://lumberjackent.com/ Disney has done better in the past and could certainly have done better than this. I'm glad to see we are heading in the right direction again now. Yee Ha Bob is back at Riverside, Alberta Bound is on the Mill Stage. Things seem to be looking up!!! Marie

castlecake2.0

That was an insult to the pavilion, not to mention the great entertainment cast of Disney. Literally they found these guys in a roadside carnival type of thing out on 192!!! I wish I was joking on this one but I'm not. Check it out: https://lumberjackent.com/ Disney has done better in the past and could certainly have done better than this. I'm glad to see we are heading in the right direction again now. Yee Ha Bob is back at Riverside, Alberta Bound is on the Mill Stage. Things seem to be looking up!!! Marie
We did enjoy having rotating bands that were actually from Canada after the lumberjack mess. I wonder if alberts bound will transition into holiday voyageurs?

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
We did enjoy having rotating bands that were actually from Canada after the lumberjack mess. I wonder if alberts bound will transition into holiday voyageurs?
The musical quality of the rotating bands ( the ones I saw anyhow) were good but as most of the vocals were sung in French Canadian, I didnt really feel much of an emotional connection with the music. I would have preferred a mix of English and French Canadian from those bands. Marie

castlecake2.0

I might be overthinking this, but with Alberta Bound coming back I wonder if they’re ramping up to add more entertainment to holidays around the world fest whatever it’s called now. AB could transition to holiday voyageurs, voices will do their dickens set and MC could do their holiday/coco set in Mexico. That could be a well spaced out entertainment lineup around world showcase. Maybe even bring back a storyteller or two?

TrainsOfDisney

Amen. I am totally with ya. I loved Off Kilter as well, but am happy that quality talent is being put back on that stage, unlike a certain carnival side act that shall remain nameless!!! Marie
Did you ever see the circus? They were really excellent and actually Canadian unlike the lumberjacks. I wish I had watched them more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom