Entertainment News

Smiley/OCD

I have to say, when we were there in December, there was a trio that played in the MK above CBJ and then down the street playing Christmas music…they were outstanding…WDW definitely needs more…AND SOON.

Comped

I have to say, when we were there in December, there was a trio that played in the MK above CBJ and then down the street playing Christmas music…they were outstanding…WDW definitely needs more…AND SOON.
Entertainment is always the first thing to be cut when money's tight, and the last to come back. If there's a recession, we won't see them anytime soon.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Mulch, Sweat & Shears was our favorite group there, right up there with Off Kilter.
True and funny story, Off Kilter told us fans (I was there with a group of people) about Mulch. I was speaking with one of the substitute guitar players, Jordan and he told me he would be subbing in Mulch as well. On the opposite side of the stage my friend Debbie was talking to Mark, the bass player from OK, who was telling her about Mulch, as their producer for the CD's Angelo is the regular guitarist for Mulch. When we talked later and compared notes, we said we have to catch them. That is how Mulch got a few more fans!! It is all Mark and Jordan's fault!! Marie

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I still see quite a few of the members of MS & S but they are in individual projects. Check out Alberta Bound/Southbound/Audio Exchange for CC the bass player/vocalist, The M-80's /The Spazmatics/ Command Performance in the UK Pavilion in EPCOT, and Im sure I missed one or two have Paul, the guitarist and Matt the drummer from Mulch. Still they were the best in the one group together!!! Always a rockin' good time.
Marie
Here is a clip of Audio Exchange with CC and his bandmates from Audio Exchange during the Food & Wine Fest in 2021:

tcool123

Comments from Josh D'Amaro about entertainment in the parks -

"Denice Preskitt from MouseSteps.com asked if specific entertainment like the citizens of MainStreet U.S.A. and the Red Car Trolly News Boys would be returning. While D’Amaro didn’t say if those specific acts will be back, he did say they’re not slowing down on returning entertainment.

He also said he knows entertainment makes a difference and means a lot. He talked about how he recently watched the Disneyland Philharmonic band play in front of the castle at Disneyland, and how much watching them means to him, so he knows entertainment makes a theme park visit special.

D’Amaro said their objective is have all the entertainment that used to be at the parks return (plus more), although he did say not every act will necessarily return as it was before."

With the recent acapela group on the "stage" the Chinese Theater courtyard for the holidays, I could see perhaps a new small scale show there? Perhaps utilzing the Citizens of Hollywood? It would fit into what he said about every act returning just not as before. (If they return at all) Still in general I do think that is a space currently underutilized with a small stage show being a great plus for the company's 100th. Just slap some acapella singers there singing Disney standards.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has a new casting call out for a Character Look-alike for Ariel from the live-action The Little Mermaid.

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 6.48.14 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m sure people will respond to this reasonably.
As reasonably as they will to this:

celluloid

I wonder how well it will go for guest response. Has there been a live action remake face character before that not only happened but stuck around?

It seems to be double exposure level and clashing. If she is going to meet in new Ariel in old Ariel's Grotto? It will probably be in Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney Presents.

ToTBellHop

I wonder how well it will go for guest response. Has there been a live action remake face character before that not only happened but stuck around?

It seems to be double exposure level and clashing. If she is going to meet in new Ariel in old Ariel's Grotto? It will probably be in Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney Presents.
I would guess DHS or some sort of live entertainment (parade, castle show, etc.).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

They’re almost never meant to be permanent. They usually exist for a time to promote the film and then that’s it.

I would also expect this to be at DHS.

celluloid

They’re almost never meant to be permanent. They usually exist for a time to promote the film and then that’s it.

I would also expect this to be at DHS.

But there has yet to be one of same character right? Light-year was a close situation but it was still animated, just a different form. We have never had a live action princess meet and greet when one established animated.one already exists. I just honestly was trying to think of another. It hurts integrity to me. The Lightyear one was weird all around.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But there has yet to be one of same character right? Light-year was a close situation but it was still animated, just a different form. We have never had a live action princess meet and greet when one established animated.one already exists. I just honestly was trying to think of another. It hurts integrity to me. The Lightyear one was weird all around.

That's correct, but only because, so far, all the live-action version of the princesses were type-cast to match the animated version. And so, any live M&G princess cast to match either the original animation or the live-action remake would look the same.

The new live-action Little Mermaid is the first time the live-action princess will have noticeable features different from the animated version. And so, M&Gs have to decide which version to represent.

As a side note, while park M&Gs for Anna and Elsa are type-cast for the animation, their live performances of Frozen in theater, whether it be in the parks, on the cruises, or on Broadway are cast 'color-blind.' In such live performances anyone in the cast, included Anna and Elsa, could be non-White.

Santa in park parades are now color-blind.

wdrive

No princess live action characters in the parks but we have had live action Maleficent, 2 different live actions Cruellas and the Mad Hatter. Cinderella in the Mickey and the Magician show at Disneyland Paris also resembles the live action dress but it’s not really all that implied.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has a new casting call out for a Character Look-alike for Ariel from the live-action The Little Mermaid.

View attachment 693795
I have nothing wrong with this except they should probably wait to see how the movie does first. I have a bad feeling this movie may not do as well as they think like some of their other recent controversial movies. I hope I’m wrong

Does anyone know if they are still doing a M&G with Lightyear?

wdrive

I have nothing wrong with this except they should probably wait to see how the movie does first. I have a bad feeling this movie may not do as well as they think like some of their other recent controversial movies. I hope I’m wrong

Does anyone know if they are still doing a M&G with Lightyear?

The money for these characters usually comes from the movies marketing budget. It defeats the whole point of it if they wait and see how the movie does. The movie wants the character in the park to promote the movie.

I believe Lightyear is gone from the parks now. How it usually works is once the marketing budget dries up the parks themselves need to decide if they want to keep that character about.

nickys

Premium Member
The money for these characters usually comes from the movies marketing budget. It defeats the whole point of it if they wait and see how the movie does. The movie wants the character in the park to promote the movie.

I believe Lightyear is gone from the parks now. How it usually works is once the marketing budget dries up the parks themselves need to decide if they want to keep that character about.
Buzz was around Tomorrowland over Christmas, on the stage next to CoP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom