Entertainment News

TrainsOfDisney

I know this is not very credible, but according to a post on Reddit DisneyParks, Mark Anderson a pianist in WDW has passed away. I looked for an official obituary but haven't found anything. So take it with a grain of salt. Obviously it's up to the family but if anyone sees a lot of stuff around the WDW piano like flowers or bags of cheetos, that is why.

If so, incredibly sad day. Such an amazing talent lost.
Thanks for letting us know. I saw Mark play piano at the Boardwalk, Casey’s, and in the Horseshoe over the years.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Viva Gaia Street Band! returns to Disney's Animal Kingdom​

Viva-Gaia_Full_46065.jpg

cmwade77

More character meet and greets returning to EPCOT this weekend​

Can anyone adequately explain why Knott's Berry Farm out here in California can have direct contact with the characters, but no Disney park can? I mean seriously, Disneyland is just down the street, there is no reason it needs to be different. It is way past time to bring back traditional meet and greets.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Can anyone adequately explain why Knott's Berry Farm out here in California can have direct contact with the characters, but no Disney park can? I mean seriously, Disneyland is just down the street, there is no reason it needs to be different. It is way past time to bring back traditional meet and greets.
It might increase capacity.

Less time hugging, less time high fiving, less time walking up to and away from characters. Now you just walk in front of them, a few pics and leave.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It might increase capacity.

Less time hugging, less time high fiving, less time walking up to and away from characters. Now you just walk in front of them, a few pics and leave.
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but even Chapek has spoken about allowing guests to "give their favorite Disney pals a hug" when "the time is right." I think even he's aware how important to the guest experience it is.

That being said, I have no idea why it hasn't returned yet, at least for fur characters.

ToTBellHop

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but even Chapek has spoken about allowing guests to "give their favorite Disney pals a hug" when "the time is right." I think even he's aware how important to the guest experience it is.

That being said, I have no idea why it hasn't returned yet, at least for fur characters.
It would have by now if not for omicron.

mattpeto

It would have by now if not for omicron.
Glad you are confirming that. For some reason, people like speculate that they will never return for various reasons...

I've had this in my back pocket for my argument, but it's never good enough...

"We’re not quite ready to bring back everything yet, but we are optimistic and look forward to the day when Disney pals and princesses are able to hug once again."

castlecake2.0

Fur characters still have a lot of... ventilation. I’m sure the performers don’t want to spend 8 hours a day being hugged and touched by a line of strangers from all over the world.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Did anyone else see this?? Not sure if it is right though from the Disney Dining page:

Disney Pianist, Mark Anderson, Has Died at 66 Years Old​

Posted by: Jamie Sylvester

Hard news to share as we have learned a Disney-fan favorite, Mark Anderson, has passed away at 66 years old surrounded by his family. He leaves behind sweet memories as shared in the video below.
Mark Anderson (September 24, 1955 – January 16, 2022) was known to several Disney Park fans as he was an incredibly talented pianist and performer that would gather audiences of Disney Guests at Magic Kingdom Park and at Walt Disney World Resorts. Often, you’d find Mark tickling the ivories outside of Casey’s Corner quick-service restaurant at Magic Kingdom. Mark’s photos still populate Disney’s Casey’s Corner Pianist webpage as shown below:

TTA94

No chance of a nighttime parade moving over for the end of the 50th?

Any whisperings that you are hearing @marni1971 ?

I’ll be honest. I’ve not been listening.

It would be awesome if Paint was coming over to MK for the summer while MSEP returns to DL. Think many thought that was going to happen when that rumor popped up before Destination D in November. Of course it was then said by some that maybe Disney wasn’t ready to announce anything. Rather not wait this long but there is the 100th after the 50th lol.
I think it might be one of those things, if it happens, it will be some random Parks Blog post one day. Disney seems to be trying to keeping things very quiet now a days.

wdrive

Because we’re still in the midst of a pandemic and a fur costume really does not give any protection.
Even forgetting the character for a minute, child 1 who has covid hugs character, gets their covid drool on the characters costume, child 2 hugs the character in the same spots, proceeds to catch covid, process continues throughout the day

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Because we’re still in the midst of a pandemic and a fur costume really does not give any protection.
Even forgetting the character for a minute, child 1 who has covid hugs character, gets their covid drool on the characters costume, child 2 hugs the character in the same spots, proceeds to catch covid, process continues throughout the day

And yet, other theme parks have managed to return this without issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom