Entertainment News

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Disney Junior meet and greets reopen at Disney's Hollywood Studios​

Animation-Courtyard_Full_45395.jpg
Conflicted feelings on these. For my kids, I think it would be worse having characters that you can't hug than not having characters at all.

mattpeto

Conflicted feelings on these. For my kids, I think it would be worse having characters that you can't hug than not having characters at all.

It's baby steps forward, I'll take it.

I count it as 33% back for the Disney Comeback Index project per M&G:.

Here are the pre-pandemic components of M&Gs:
1) Personal interaction
2) Physical interaction (hug, high-five, etc.)
3) Signed Autograph
4) Photos and often with a Photopass photographer

Number 1 and half of Number 4 are back (or 1.5 out of 4 is roughly 39%). Since mask wearing is mandatory, we add a penalty and that puts Sightings at 33%. We will scale as things improve.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I mean, does anyone ever want a hug from Vampirina? I know she's just like us... except being undead and feasting on human blood... but who wants to get cobwebs on their clothing?

brb1006

Or a meatable character mmmm lamb chops
Dang it Homer Simpson!

homer-simpson-stuffed.gif

But seriously, Disney needs more adorable sheep characters! The only Disney sheep character that comes to mind is Dear Danny from So Dear To My Heart and Lambie the stuffed animal.
gyi8hf8.jpg

I was going to include Dawn Bellwether but we all know how that turned out.

GimpYancIent

Here's a meet and greet suggestion. Have the Snow White Evil Queen, yep Queen Grimhilde, dressed in a red royal gown (not her every day purple outfit) sitting on her throne meeting and greeting guests in a special Christmas only meet and greet. She can pass out red candied apples to the littles (also the not so little) instead of those candy canes the commoners give. It would be a rare appearance of the queen, a scarce meet and greet opportunity and a different twist on Christmas. Why not.

mattpeto

Nighttime entertainment falls off the schedule at Disney's Hollywood Studios​

This is a drum I’ve been beating for a week at the JBJB thread. Going to be interesting tonight for sure. Guessing more people will skip DHS in the PM and hit Springs or park hop if they can. The people who will stay will just ride attractions, causing longer lines.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a drum I’ve been beating for a week at the JBJB thread. Going to be interesting tonight for sure. Guessing more people will skip DHS in the PM and hit Springs or park hop if they can. The people who will stay will just ride attractions, causing longer lines.
My first thought was this could be “punishment” to the customers for not buying enough line tickets.

and that is sad…not because it has any chance of being true…but because a decades long fan who has spent “some” time following parks even had that thought.

seems a changing of the guard has happened…and sometimes the new guard is criminally insane

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My first thought was this could be “punishment” to the customers for not buying enough line tickets.

and that is sad…not because it has any chance of being true…but because a decades long fan who has spent “some” time following parks even had that thought.

seems a changing of the guard has happened…and sometimes the new guard is criminally insane
“Punishment” implies emotion. TDO is devoid of that. This reads, on the surface, like a dollars & cents decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom