Rumor Entertainment Cuts Coming

mickEblu

I liked the old show. But I also like magicians and I like piano players so as long as these are cast right I’m all for this.

I wonder if this was always planned or a quick reaction to complaints...

I also wonder if these will be cast members or outside contractors....

How awesome would it be if one of the “actors” in the new Frontierland show went on autopilot and said “bright suns” to everyone at the Golden Horseshoe? How much more awesome would it be if they did it on purpose and added an eye roll?

Phroobar

How awesome would it be if one of the “actors” in the new Frontierland show went on autopilot and said “bright suns” to everyone at the Golden Horseshoe? How much more awesome would it be if they did it on purpose and added an eye roll?
It's hard finding someone going off script at Disneyland. Even the Jungle Cruise skippers stay on script for the most part. At Knotts, they rarely stay on script during shows. It makes the show unique and more fun.

How cool would it have been if the characters at Ghost Town Alive started greeting everyone with Bright Sun's all day long.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I liked the old show. But I also like magicians and I like piano players so as long as these are cast right I’m all for this.

I wonder if this was always planned or a quick reaction to complaints...

I also wonder if these will be cast members or outside contractors....

From the Disney audition site:

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking improv piano players from a diverse spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, types and genders for a new entertainment offering at Disneyland. Must be versatile pianists who can sing and excellent musicians with strong piano improvisation skills; experienced in playing musical theatre, classical, Ragtime, and/or classic Country & Western; adept at storytelling and engaging audiences of all ages; improv and/or acting experience a plus. Age 18+.

Musicians employed by the Disneyland Resort® are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Federation of Musicians Local 7, Orange County.

REQUIREMENTS:

Performers must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.

If employed, performers will be expected to adhere to Disney Look guidelines. (For more information please see The Disney Look)

DATES:

Must be available for rehearsals 11/11-11/15 and 11/18-11/21

AUDITION INFORMATION:

Recess Studios

2700 S Main St

Santa Ana CA 92707

Sign-in: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM

Please prepare two contrasting pieces that show off technical skill and personality, in the style of Ragtime, Classical, Golden Age Musical Theatre, and/or classic Country & Western. Be prepared to improvise. Keyboard will be provided.

If unable to attend the open call, please send photo and resume to DLR.Talent.Casting@disney.com. Please include links to performance videos if you have them. Do not attach video files. Must be received by October 1st.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking improv piano players from a diverse spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, types and genders for a new entertainment offering at Disneyland. Must be versatile pianists who can sing and excellent musicians with strong piano improvisation skills; experienced in playing musical theatre, classical, Ragtime, and/or classic Country & Western; adept at storytelling and engaging audiences of all ages; improv and/or acting experience a plus. Age 18+.

Musicians employed by the Disneyland Resort® are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Federation of Musicians Local 7, Orange County.

REQUIREMENTS:

If employed, performers will be expected to adhere to Disney Look guidelines. (For more information please see The Disney Look)

DATES:

AUDITION INFORMATION:

Recess Studios

2700 S Main St

Santa Ana CA 92707

Please prepare two contrasting pieces that show off technical skill and personality, in the style of Ragtime, Classical, Golden Age Musical Theatre, and/or classic Country & Western. Be prepared to improvise. Keyboard will be provided.

If unable to attend the open call, please send photo and resume to DLR.Talent.Casting@disney.com. Please include links to performance videos if you have them. Do not attach video files. Must be received by October 1st.

Nice!!! They have a great group of piano players already to choose from.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One door closes, another opens.

I love duelling pianos, one of my favourite setups! I think this will actually be more appealing then the previous show.

Also who doesn’t love a magician?
Wait, I'm confused. I thought we were now hating on Disney because they were cutting entertainment. Now we're praising them for adding entertainment (which was likely planned to replace the old shows anyways)? Such a fickle bunch are we in the fandom....

TrainsOfDisney

Such a fickle bunch are we in the fandom....

Eh... to be fair they have cut a lot without replacement recently. In recent years they have cut the silver dollar six, firehouse five, saxophone quarter, and 1 of the New Orleans quartets and that’s just in DL park.

I am glad that the horseshoe will still have live entertainment though.

Mickeyboof

Wait, I'm confused. I thought we were now hating on Disney because they were cutting entertainment. Now we're praising them for adding entertainment (which was likely planned to replace the old shows anyways)? Such a fickle bunch are we in the fandom....

A magician and two pianists do not make up for the scale of entertainment that was cut.

At least not yet.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
A magician and two pianists do not make up for the scale of entertainment that was cut.

At least not yet.

I mean, it kind of makes up for the frontierland cuts.

DCA is a different story. Hopefully something's coming... although I imagine the timing of those cuts have something to do with the halloween parties and the added characters/entertainment during that private event...

Mickeyboof

I mean, it kind of makes up for the frontierland cuts.

DCA is a different story. Hopefully something's coming... although I imagine the timing of those cuts have something to do with the halloween parties and the added characters/entertainment during that private event...

From videos, it seems like absolutely splendid entertainment at the party. They truly elevated the Halloween experience, and what DCA is capable of.

But it’s an upcharge even which hurts.

The Golden Horseshoe show did involve more cast members and some props. The piano show probably cuts an entertainment stage hand or two as well.

I’m all for new entertainment!! I just hope they match or exceed the previous production.

SSG

So Disney closes a long-running show and gets a week of backlash and bad press. Disney then announces a new show and walk-around entertainment. Which makes me think of two possibilities.

1. The bad fan reaction led Disney to scramble some new acts into Frontierland. Or:

2. Disney had already planned to change out the Golden Horseshoe entertainment, but their marketing/PR people are so incompetent that they didn’t announce the new show at the same time as they announced Laughing Stock was being axed, thereby tamping down the blowback.

I’m leaning toward #2. Just say Laughing Stock is leaving but we’re really excited about the new piano show. Some people would still be mad, but not as many, and you avoid a week of your fan base yelling about how cheap you are. How hard is that?

mickEblu

So Disney closes a long-running show and gets a week of backlash and bad press. Disney then announces a new show and walk-around entertainment. Which makes me think of two possibilities.

1. The bad fan reaction led Disney to scramble some new acts into Frontierland. Or:

2. Disney had already planned to change out the Golden Horseshoe entertainment, but their marketing/PR people are so incompetent that they didn’t announce the new show at the same time as they announced Laughing Stock was being axed, thereby tamping down the blowback.

I’m leaning toward #2. Just say Laughing Stock is leaving but we’re really excited about the new piano show. Some people would still be mad, but not as many, and you avoid a week of your fan base yelling about how cheap you are. How hard is that?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was #1 with the summer they ve had but I also think it could be #3. That their were tentative plans to replace laughingstock with no firm dates and the negative reaction made them rush those plans and announce something.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Or three.. Disney is quietly ending one show... and later introduces new show separately. Avoiding trying to draw things as a 'replacement'.

Which you can see has happened repeatedly through the years... These filler entertainment offerings come and go all the time... The Muppets obviously is a bigger thing and is sad to see it go.. (I think its one of the better attractions they've done in recent years).. but people are really overthinking this whole thing. Churn is normal in Disney's entertainment dept.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m leaning towards #1.... a walk around magician and a dueling piano show seems like a quick “well we need to do something” solution. The timing is also suspiciois. Of course we will never know.

Personally... I’d move Pixar orchestra and red car newsboys into the theatre with philharmonic. Or maybe Pixar orchestra could go into the old Disney channel show? Better than a dj dance party imho.

truecoat

REQUIREMENTS:

DATES:

AUDITION INFORMATION:

Recess Studios

2700 S Main St

Santa Ana CA 92707

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what a person is paid for something like this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom