Rumor Entertainment Cuts Coming

jrhwdw

Not yet. It's a big blank on the park schedules at this point.

Under the current regime, they've shown no interest in doing a decent night parade at any of the parks. Witness what is NOT at Magic Kingdom- they destroyed the Spectromagic floats, ran MSEP again for a bit, and then nothing. Honestly, they've been cutting back parades left and right.

Animal Kingdom used to have a parade. Not any more.
Magic Kingdom used to have a night parade. Not any more.
Hollywood Studios used to have a parade. Not anymore
DCA? Well, you already mentioned Paint the Night.

What makes you think that if they don't run MSEP that they would have an "incentive" to replace it? They've shown just the opposite- "oh good, we got rid of that one. Let's save money and not do another."
That bothers me!!!!!!! DL might go too far if Halloween Screams is canned at the last second! This is only the second year that day guests will get to see Halloween Screams.

DL will go too far if they touch ACF, Believe or end MSEP before Sep 30th!

PiratesMansion

Not yet. It's a big blank on the park schedules at this point.

Under the current regime, they've shown no interest in doing a decent night parade at any of the parks. Witness what is NOT at Magic Kingdom- they destroyed the Spectromagic floats, ran MSEP again for a bit, and then nothing. Honestly, they've been cutting back parades left and right.

Animal Kingdom used to have a parade. Not any more.
Magic Kingdom used to have a night parade. Not any more.
Hollywood Studios used to have a parade. Not anymore
DCA? Well, you already mentioned Paint the Night.

What makes you think that if they don't run MSEP that they would have an "incentive" to replace it? They've shown just the opposite- "oh good, we got rid of that one. Let's save money and not do another."

I don't know, I guess in the case of entertainment sometimes for me having nothing really is better than an aging relic that doesn't belong anymore, no matter how much some people wish to pretend otherwise. Maybe that makes me a bit callous, but that's how I feel.

I absolutely agree that the regime is the problem and meaningful change won't happen until they're gone. After all, somehow the parks in Asia that Disney has less or no control over are able to run modern night parades (including Paint the Night) on a regular basis.

mickEblu

Also pushing the envelope compared to MSEP: Spectromagic, Fantillusion (original Tokyo version only), and Dreamlights. You may enjoy those more than PTN because they have more of a classic Disney feel by comparison.

I most likely would. Especially if there is no annoying pop song playing over and over. I’m ok with PTN visually even though it’s obviously not as charming as MSEP and is mostly modern Pixar stuff.

RescueTheDay

I most likely would. Especially if there is no annoying pop song playing over and over. I’m ok with PTN visually even though it’s obviously not as charming as MSEP and is mostly modern Pixar stuff.
If by charming you mean held together by zip ties, then sure. Wouldn’t say it’s “mostly” Pixar either as it’s mixed 50/50.

Phroobar

Nothing against the performers, I feel for them. The show was always really loud and made it hard for me to enjoy eating with the volume level. If they lowered it I would have enjoyed the entertainment a lot more. It was always fun to see people get embarassed.

Gotta love a multi billion dollar company that has plenty of profits cutting a tiny show like this with already underpaid workers.
Sad thing is the money saved won't even register on the year end corporate books. Middle managers are saving pennies so their budget looks better at the end of the year and they get their bonuses. Their bonuses would easily pay for the live entertainment.

KevinPage

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Disney is like any corporate monolith these days.

Rule 101 to save $$$: slash salaries and hours of the least expensive employees all to save a few bucks so middle management and above keeps their cushy pay/perks/bonuses. Damn the guest experience since crowds keep coming.

jrhwdw

They FINALLY added Halloween Screams to calendar! Starts this Friday, works just like Mix Magic, Fireworks: Fri-Sun, Projections only: Mon-Thurs.

According to the Calendar, MSEP DOES end, Not Extended Sep 30th. F! takes over Oct 1st.(At least they're doing something every night!)

Wonder where MSEP goes from here....I have my hopes.... It's still in good shape, IMO. Nothing was lost from the 2017 DL MSEP.

I just don't want MSEP/PTN backstage(we haven't seen PTN since Nov 2018) for months on end again. That does no one any good.

SirWillow

They FINALLY added Halloween Screams to calendar! Starts this Friday, works just like Mix Magic, Fireworks: Fri-Sun, Projections only: Mon-Thurs.

According to the Calendar, MSEP DOES end, Not Extended Sep 30th. F! takes over Oct 1st.(At least they're doing something every night!)

Wonder where MSEP goes from here....I have my hopes.... It's still in good shape, IMO. Nothing was lost from the 2017 DL MSEP.

I just don't want MSEP/PTN backstage(we haven't seen PTN since Nov 2018) for months on end again. That does no one any good.

Good to know there is some sort of fireworks/ evening show at Disneyland itself. Still really odd to think that there is absolutely no parade going in either park on a normal day. I'm having a hard time imagining Disneyland with no parade.

Also noticed that there is no schedule for World of Color beyond Sept 28. Wonder if that will change. Looks like it should (fingers crossed)

Not surprised, but still disappointed that the didn't extend Soarin' California and MSEP though.

jrhwdw

Saw on the Calendar that Bandtastic is back Oct 1, along with F! every night. Why Bandtastic had to close for MSEP, I'll never figure out!!!!!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
One door closes, another opens.

I love duelling pianos, one of my favourite setups! I think this will actually be more appealing then the previous show.

Also who doesn’t love a magician?

mickEblu

One door closes, another opens.

I love duelling pianos, one of my favourite setups! I think this will actually be more appealing then the previous show.

Also who doesn’t love a magician?

Yeah I’ll be honest I never the old show. I might actually pop in for this. Somehow even just the marketing/ narrative of one show leaving and one show replacing it is working on me.

TrainsOfDisney

I liked the old show. But I also like magicians and I like piano players so as long as these are cast right I’m all for this.

I wonder if this was always planned or a quick reaction to complaints...

I also wonder if these will be cast members or outside contractors....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom