Rumor Entertainment Cuts Coming

Touchdown

If POTC switched back to Pan I would be happy, oh and play the exit fanfare after the show again!

DL F! has some pacing issues, and always have. It’s a shame that after the hag shows up the villains exist only on the water screen until Malnificent. I really prefer how DHS has the Jafar the snake scene to increase the tension.

I also really don’t understand why Mickey’s dream goes full nightmare 5 min into the show with Ka, King Louie, and the elephants arriving so early. DHS version has a lot of issues but I really appreciate how it slowly adds more villainous characters and tension at a steady pace leading to the climax where DL is kinda all over the place.

That’s why I’m in the minority and feel both versions are equally good but flawed.

Last edited:

TP2000

Reviews are coming in for the live-action Lion King, and it's not good. It has a 57 on Rotten Tomatoes, and is being called "cold" and "corporate", kind of like Star Wars Land. :cool:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/07/...with-critics-who-call-it-cold-and-unemotional

They are already cutting out the dancers for the stage show in DCA. The one in the amphitheater without any shade that plays to small crowds.

maxresdefault.jpg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Welp at this point it doesn't make sense to have the trolley boys (or trolleys) come out from a alien warehouse fortress powerplant area that came out of nowhere. In fact the 1930's theme is probably dead at this point and gasping for life.

Sad but true. As soon as they turned HTH into an Oil Refinery Hollywoodland and Buena Vista became a joke.

Tony the Tigger

PorterRedkey

Reviews are coming in for the live-action Lion King, and it's not good. It has a 57 on Rotten Tomatoes, and is being called "cold" and "corporate", kind of like Star Wars Land. :cool:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/07/...with-critics-who-call-it-cold-and-unemotional

They are already cutting out the dancers for the stage show in DCA. The one in the amphitheater without any shade that plays to small crowds.

maxresdefault.jpg
Hasn't Disney learned their lesson yet? How'd that Tomorrow land show with no shade go at WDW? How can they expect people to stand in the California/Florida sun and have an enjoyable experience? Summers are hotter than ever now, and they are already penny-pinching on the AC. Heat can make even the calmest of souls more irritable.

I hope Disney realizes that if they keep trying to squeeze every last penny out of their guest, people are going to come less often or not at all. Cheap pop-up entertainment like this is not what guest expect for the ever increasing prices they pay. Don't get me wrong, the performers are incredibly talented, but the venue ensures that fewer people will enjoy them. It's hard to enjoy the limited background theming when there is a large roller coaster towering over it in the background.

jrhwdw

maxresdefault.jpg
Maybe the low score is from people who wants Lion King to Fail!!!!! 57?!?!?! The 1994 Lion King never had these problems.

Maybe Soundsational or the calvacade would last the rest of the summer if Disney would drop ESPN and ABC/ABC News from the company. Why are they In the Company anyway?!?!?!

jrhwdw

Last edited:

KevinPage

Corporate America 101: when something doesn’t make you a bazillion dollars IMMEDIATELY, you cut and slash and take away from the most vulnerable least paid employees who interact with your guests (those people that actually generate you revenue).

Because dammit, middle managemet will never take a pay cut or reduce their bonus for THEIR POOR DECISIONS.

TP2000

I am posting this here, but PLEASE let's NOT discuss the tone or political points made in the DLR forum. Those discussions belong in the Politics Forum!

Oh wow, that's hysterical! As if an over-educated Dutchman has any idea what entertains nice, normal people in American multiplexes.

The new live-action Lion King movie is bad not because the lions are fascists and stand-ins for Mussolini, the new live-action Lion King movie is bad because you can't make real animals dance and do a kick-line to an Elton John soundtrack.

jrhwdw

Oh wow, that's hysterical! As if an over-educated Dutchman has any idea what entertains nice, normal people in American multiplexes.

The new live-action Lion King movie is bad not because the lions are fascists and stand-ins for Mussolini, the new live-action Lion King movie is bad because you can't make real animals dance and do a kick-line to an Elton John soundtrack.
I don't think that's what made 1994 Lion King so popular, I was only 9 then, so I never looked into numbers or reviews.

There's sure wasn't a kick line in DL's Lion King Celebration Parade or now in FOTLK. Music was awesome in LK 1994, that I'll agree with. It should be the same thing now.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

tell that to sigfred and roy

Amidala

I also love how he characterizes Jafar as “queer” where I can see placing Scar and Ursula there, I seem to remember Jafar scheming to marry Jasmine, trying to seduce Jasmine, and kissing her. Once I read that sentence I couldn’t continue reading.

He's probably referring to the fact that many Disney villains (especially those of the 90s) are gender nonconforming, serving as a foil to the conventionally attractive protagonists (i.e. Hades vs. Hercules, Ursula vs. Ariel). It's a form of coding that's been discussed at length in academia for years and Jafar, Scar, Ratcliffe, Hades and Ursula are all prime examples; Jafar's interest in Jasmine is pretty immaterial here, since animators are (hopefully) following these trends subconsciously, not actively. An exception is Gaston, who was originally described as "foppish" and was later changed to a hyper-masculine misogynist by Ashman, a gay man. Make of that what you will.

Corporate America 101: when something doesn’t make you a bazillion dollars IMMEDIATELY, you cut and slash and take away from the most vulnerable least paid employees who interact with your guests (those people that actually generate you revenue).

Because dammit, middle managemet will never take a pay cut or reduce their bonus for THEIR POOR DECISIONS.

Well said, very true unfortunately :/

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I should have gone to see them on my D23 trip.... it was so hot I didn’t really feel like walking all the way back there.

This was a really great addition to the park. So what all has been cut in 2019.... Newsboys, Pixar, Firehouse 5, one of the New Orleans bands, and the Fiddle Player. Let’s hope they don’t continue cutting at this rate :-(

When did the Silver Dollar Band in Frontierland get cut? This year or last?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom