Entertainment castmembers?

Sethar

Original Poster
I'm thinking about applying to work in entertainment at WDW as a technician. I've been doing freelance technical work here in Minneapolis for a few years now, including work at Valleyfair, our local amusement park.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight into how WDW treats its entertainment castmembers. I've read on some sites about the computerized rotation system and all these other things that CMs have to deal with. I'm sure they're fine for some people, but part of the reason I went into theatre is because I didn't fit in with the "normal" employees. As a technician, I want to run my show and do maintenance on my equipment and not have to play corporate games. (I'm fully aware of the dress/appearance code..Valleyfair has a similar one. No problem there.)

I'd love to hear from former/current entertainment CMs, technicians and performers. Either respond here or email or PM me. Thanks.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
for the most part, the techs I know seem to like it there. There is a TON of competition for positions there, and some of the techs work for the union (IATSE) rather than WDW. Currently there are no openings for techs

oh, and entertainment CM's don't use Cast Deployment in any way. That's only for operations and merchandise from what I understand

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom