Encouraging stories

ChuckElias

Original Poster
It sounds like the MSC cruises in the Med have been uneventful COVID-wise. I have to be honest -- I thought 70% capacity was too high, but I haven't seen any news stories about outbreaks.

Ponant has had similar success over the last couple of months (albeit with much smaller ships):

And now, small-ship cruising is scheduled to return to the Caribbean:

These are obviously small steps, but it feels like progress. Fingers crossed for April :)

RememberWhen

I read this too. Given the recent cancellations of the early December DCL cruises I’m expecting them to cancel all of the 2020 cruises and try to start up again after the New Year. Who knows, though? Maybe they’ll try for some Christmas cruises?
I’m wishing that they would pause new bookings on early 2021 cruises. I feel like it would look so much better for them to be able to show a return to cruising with lower capacity (50%?) and increased safety.
We’re currently booked on a February cruise and we weren’t able to get the first dinner seating when we booked it. We’ve got 5 rooms booked, and the TA said she would try to move us to the earlier seating. Recently I checked and we were booked for the first seating. I’m guessing people are canceling/moving their trips later into 2021.
I hope April works out for you, but I’d be ok with February being canceled.

RememberWhen

ChuckElias

Original Poster
CMs being called back to ships
This is true. I alluded to it in another thread, but didn't want to talk about it too much. I would imagine we might see cruises before the end of the year.
I'm so curious: what's your source for this news? Are you a crew member? Heard from a crew member? I'm not doubting you at all!! Just curious how you got this before it hits the Orlando Sentinel.

Chomama

I'm so curious: what's your source for this news? Are you a crew member? Heard from a crew member? I'm not doubting you at all!! Just curious how you got this before it hits the Orlando Sentinel.
Can’t say and it isn’t remotely public but I am 100% confident :)

ChuckElias

Original Poster
That I don’t know. Wonder for sure on its way
The Dream is also headed back. Crew headed to her in November is the latest I know.

The Wonder is currently sailing northeast (back toward Portugal). Is it heading to Europe to pick up crew? I would've thought that it would be heading back toward the US.

I just checked Cruise Hive this morning and the Magic, Dream, and Fantasy are still docked in Brest.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
No-Sail Order lifted!

Vaccine finally in sight!

I'm getting excited about my April cruise!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom