Enchantment Rework for the 50th - Fan Idea.

Jahona

Original Poster
I was discussion Enchantment on Discord and I think my biggest disappointment with the show was that it really didn't celebrate Walt Disney World, like Disneyland Forever did. So I started to brain storm an idea to better incorporate the history of the park. So here is a brief idea of how to I would have liked to see Enchantment turn out, It celebrates the parks vs film and tv IPs that may or may not have had a history with Walt Disney World.

1. Opens with the dedication speech by Roy O. Disney with the theme music for the show playing softly in the background.

Peter Pan’s Flight

2. Tinkerbell is seen buzzing around the castle via projections were she eventually ends at the castle turret that she flies from.
3. Tink CM flies from her turret over the crowd as Off to Neverland plays with projections of that journey.
4. As we reach the island, we transition from Peter Pans Flight to Jungle Cruise.

Jungle Cruise

5. Short section with a few of the highlights from Jungle Cruise, like the back side of water. This ride doesn’t have a theme so new music can be used, or music from the movie if it fits. But projections will not be live action.
6. Transition from Jungle Cruise to Enchanted Tiki Room.

Enchanted Tiki Room

7. Music and visuals from the Enchanted Tiki Room play.
8. Use the part were the lightning strikes as the tiki gods get mad to transition to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Pirates of the Caribbean

9. This part I’m torn on. I want to say use some original music and themes but man that PotC theme is just so iconic. I would say ditch Johnny Depp though and not have Jack Sparrow involved. (Another note using the movie theme for PotC would help tie in new generations of viewers)
10. Keeping with the dark theme we transition from PotC to Haunted Mansion.

Haunted Mansion

11. The Lights go Dark and over the speakers we hear. WELCOME FOOLISH MORTALS. HM theme picks up to some lively singing crypt yard wake.

Other than Pirates which opened a few years later this covers almost all of the big E ticket opening day attractions that came to mind. Now this next section I’m not sure how I want the show to flow. I’ve got two different thought processes.

Option A, we keep with Magic Kingdom and continue on with newer attractions as they opened up, Splash, Space Mountain, Ect, and possibly use classic tracks from previous shows as well.

Option B, moves outside of the Magic Kingdom and celebrates Walt Disney World as a whole. We move to Space Mountain were we blast off to EPCOT, this next part doesn’t have as smooth of a themed transition from one aspect to the next. But we would touch on the classic rides of EPCOT to World Showcase. Then use a country as a backdrop to go into a movie set for MGM Studios. Rinse and repeat then transition to AK. Eventually we’ll make our way back to MK for the finale. While I personally prefer Option B as I feel like that would be the best tribute to WDW, it would also be a long show. Like just the first part could fill up 10 minutes if you didn’t cut from one to the next fast enough.

Option A is the shorter route and allows you to use longer segments for each attraction.

I've got more notes I've been working on for Option B. I was curious as to what you guys thought and also how might you have done Enchantment differently.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Roger Rabbit, Benny the Cab, Baby Herman and Jessica Rabbit could have their cameos for Disney-MGM Studios segment if you want it.

HomeImagineer

Hey i do think Mickey Mouse should be the host of this Enchantment show like in Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland but for WDW. & i think Option B is a great choice for me because it takes the history, timeline & famous attractions & stuff for all of the 4 parks.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Hey i do think Mickey Mouse should be the host of this Enchantment show like in Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland but for WDW. & i think Option B is a great choice for me because it takes the history, timeline & famous attractions & stuff for all of the 4 parks.
Yeah, he will be amazing be a host of this Enchantment show.

wtyy21

I was discussion Enchantment on Discord and I think my biggest disappointment with the show was that it really didn't celebrate Walt Disney World, like Disneyland Forever did. So I started to brain storm an idea to better incorporate the history of the park. So here is a brief idea of how to I would have liked to see Enchantment turn out, It celebrates the parks vs film and tv IPs that may or may not have had a history with Walt Disney World.

1. Opens with the dedication speech by Roy O. Disney with the theme music for the show playing softly in the background.

Peter Pan’s Flight

2. Tinkerbell is seen buzzing around the castle via projections were she eventually ends at the castle turret that she flies from.
3. Tink CM flies from her turret over the crowd as Off to Neverland plays with projections of that journey.
4. As we reach the island, we transition from Peter Pans Flight to Jungle Cruise.

Jungle Cruise

5. Short section with a few of the highlights from Jungle Cruise, like the back side of water. This ride doesn’t have a theme so new music can be used, or music from the movie if it fits. But projections will not be live action.
6. Transition from Jungle Cruise to Enchanted Tiki Room.

Enchanted Tiki Room

7. Music and visuals from the Enchanted Tiki Room play.
8. Use the part were the lightning strikes as the tiki gods get mad to transition to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Pirates of the Caribbean

9. This part I’m torn on. I want to say use some original music and themes but man that PotC theme is just so iconic. I would say ditch Johnny Depp though and not have Jack Sparrow involved. (Another note using the movie theme for PotC would help tie in new generations of viewers)
10. Keeping with the dark theme we transition from PotC to Haunted Mansion.

Haunted Mansion

11. The Lights go Dark and over the speakers we hear. WELCOME FOOLISH MORTALS. HM theme picks up to some lively singing crypt yard wake.

Other than Pirates which opened a few years later this covers almost all of the big E ticket opening day attractions that came to mind. Now this next section I’m not sure how I want the show to flow. I’ve got two different thought processes.

Option A, we keep with Magic Kingdom and continue on with newer attractions as they opened up, Splash, Space Mountain, Ect, and possibly use classic tracks from previous shows as well.

Option B, moves outside of the Magic Kingdom and celebrates Walt Disney World as a whole. We move to Space Mountain were we blast off to EPCOT, this next part doesn’t have as smooth of a themed transition from one aspect to the next. But we would touch on the classic rides of EPCOT to World Showcase. Then use a country as a backdrop to go into a movie set for MGM Studios. Rinse and repeat then transition to AK. Eventually we’ll make our way back to MK for the finale. While I personally prefer Option B as I feel like that would be the best tribute to WDW, it would also be a long show. Like just the first part could fill up 10 minutes if you didn’t cut from one to the next fast enough.

Option A is the shorter route and allows you to use longer segments for each attraction.

I've got more notes I've been working on for Option B. I was curious as to what you guys thought and also how might you have done Enchantment differently.
Option B is more necessary me due to fact that it Celebrating WDW 50th anniversary with 4 parks as whole. But, Mickey Mouse should not be host of the show, replacing it with a narrator that mostly known about Disney, such as Julie Andrews or most likely Angela Bassett.

I think your concept would be great for Disneyland Paris since this is a pre-pandemic concept for resort-specified nighttime spectacular that supposed to be premiered at the MK at WDW 50th anniversary but it was halted due to budget cuts and layoffs. DLP could used that concept that you developed for its rumored 30th anniversary fireworks with exception of Roy O. Disney (not to be confused with his son Roy E. Disney, which was involved in Euro Disney opening), which were nothing to do with DLP, as well as MK/WDW attractions that not found at DLP/WDSP or attractions that only unique at the resort.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom