Employee Housing

KristyT

Original Poster
Hi, I was interested in working at Disney World during the summer but I do not live in Florida. Do they offer any kind of housing for their employees? I know some other parks do and they take out the rent out of your paycheck. I also know they offer housing for the CP, but do they offer housing if your doing this? Thank you!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
and occasionally to other CM's recruited by Disney from outside of Central FL.

Bug715

As above people have said Disney doesn't provide housing for regular CMs. But many apartments in the area do provide a cast discount.

chanegang

Home Suite Home

I know a lot of cast members who live at extended stay hotels. Everything is included, it is on the bus line>Be careful, not all of them are great. I know HomeSuiteHome upgraded a lot. They have stepped up their security and changed management. The one at Maingate takes pets now. Check Eyes & Ears, I think they charge 129 weekly for WDW cast members.

chanegang

I answered someone else about this...a lot of cast members stay at Home Suite Home. It used to be over crowded but they changed management, stepped up security and run a special in Eyes & Ears for 129 weekly. It is great for short term

Bug715

do you know of any specifically?

Eyes & Ears and the Discount book you can get at Company D have them listed. I don't have a current of either with me so I don't know.

I answered someone else about this...a lot of cast members stay at Home Suite Home. It used to be over crowded but they changed management, stepped up security and run a special in Eyes & Ears for 129 weekly. It is great for short term

I had a friend who lived down there from April until October last year and she had a friend who moved into and out of Home Suite Home in the same day. I don't know if this was before the new management but it was really dirty back then.

chanegang

They hired new management last fall. They did a survey of cast members and noticed things weren't right. I think the owners stepped in changed things up. You know, if people don't complain then owners don't know what's happening.
They do advertise in Eyes & Ears. I have seen the ad.

DreamworksSKG

Disney needs to do more for their employees

Disney needs to do more for their non college employees.

They should provide housing for their non Florida or college employees on disney property. You'd think they could have dorms or apartments on Disney property for folks like me who are out of college but would like to work a winter or summer at Disney. $129 is a week is quite a bit, if you're not being paid much and have to pay for your own food and such.

How much would a typical worker make in a week at disney????

the fee for employees per week should be like $50 or something per week, not $129. or at least $75. / week.

Think about it you have to pay for transit to the area. which can be up to $300 or $400 depending on where you're going.
You have to pay for food and such
and the apartment

Disney should provide some sort of on site housing for employees who are not in college or out of state. Why cant they build an employee housing complex or something???

Disney has millions of dollars a year. It doesnt make any sense.
I am going to write a letter to the Disney CEO on this.

tampabrad

Disney does not have to do anything for their CMs except to pay them. They certainly do not need to offer housing. If you live out of the area, it is your decision to work for WDW and accept their hourly wage. It is also not the responsibility of anyone to offer cheap housing to CMs. Fortunately, some places do.

And, FYI, Disney makes billions, not millions.

Disney needs to do more for their non college employees.

They should provide housing for their non Florida or college employees on disney property. You'd think they could have dorms or apartments on Disney property for folks like me who are out of college but would like to work a winter or summer at Disney. $129 is a week is quite a bit, if you're not being paid much and have to pay for your own food and such.

How much would a typical worker make in a week at disney????

the fee for employees per week should be like $50 or something per week, not $129. or at least $75. / week.

Think about it you have to pay for transit to the area. which can be up to $300 or $400 depending on where you're going.
You have to pay for food and such
and the apartment

Disney should provide some sort of on site housing for employees who are not in college or out of state. Why cant they build an employee housing complex or something???

Disney has millions of dollars a year. It doesnt make any sense.
I am going to write a letter to the Disney CEO on this.

Good idea, I'm going to write a letter to my job right now and demand that they pay my rent and gas money and feed me 3 times a day. Oh and do my laundry. While I'm at it I might just go ahead and ask them for a pony for Christmas. I mean it's the least they could do, besides paying me and all.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Good idea, I'm going to write a letter to my job right now and demand that they pay my rent and gas money and feed me 3 times a day. Oh and do my laundry. While I'm at it I might just go ahead and ask them for a pony for Christmas. I mean it's the least they could do, besides paying me and all.
That's an asinine reply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom