EMH is broken (no wristbands)

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is just a quick side-note as I'm killing time at the airport. A trip report will be forthcoming as soon as I get back to 'reality.'

EMH Observation: The non-wristband system is broken. All the CMs do is check to see if you have a resort ID. They don't check for the date or anything which leads me to believe there is a lot of 'cheating' going on.

I was at EMH at the Studios last Sunday and there seemed to be a lot more people in the park for EMH than 'usual.' :shrug: I'd prefer wristbands....
Plus, having to dig the d**n thing out for every attraction was a pain in the butt.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Seems to me (and a lot of folk on here) Disney called in the repairman waaaaaaay too soon when they got rid of wrist bands

Yea its a real pain to have to keep pulling the card out. I usually keep it in my wallet...but just stick it in my side pocket. I kept having to check if it fell out or if I dropped it.

I did see some CM's checking to make sure the dates were reasonable while I was there however.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Seems to me (and a lot of folk on here) Disney called in the repairman waaaaaaay too soon when they got rid of wrist bands

Hate to say it.. but wrist bands wernt working too well either... most CMs wernt checking those. :shrug:

Mystic

We also just got back from the World and were in fact at the exact same extra magic hours as the original poster. We were asked for our hotel ID for every ride we went near. The CMs were stopping everyone asking for their IDs. In fact the CMs praised us for our wallets because they have a see through outer pocket that we used to hold our hotel ID so all we have to do is hold up the wallet and in we go.

Chape19714

Everything is wrong with EMH.

Mostly the fact that it, you know...exists.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

The wristbands weren't very eco-friendly. To me the room key cards work just fine. And if you put it in a clear pouch or lanyard and don't bury it in the 17th layer of your handbag, it's really not that bad. Just expect to have to take it out on every ride...plan ahead.

I don't think it's broken, and I don't think that there are more people in the park during EMH then there were on the wristband system.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
First Off:
No system works if the CMs don't do their part...

Secondly:
I have to say, taking out or worrying about where your KTTW or whether it will get lost is ridiculous. :brick:

A wristband is so much easier even for the most lax CM to check.
I mean I've heard the stories of people having a bag of colored wristbands ready to go, but the look of the KTTW never change and the dates are soooo hard to check.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

And if you put it in a clear pouch or lanyard

Yahtzee! I think Disney-marketing had a part in this...people were walking around everywhere with lanyards w/their KTTW cards in them - bam! $$$ for Disney...

*sigh* I still hate it and refuse to buy a lanyard :lookaroun

reptar77

After our trip in Oct I wrote a lengthy letter to Disney regarding the new EMH protocol. I actually received a CALL back. WOW. No new information was given just the standard we appreciate your feedback stuff, but it is interesting that they seem to take an interest. She did like my comments about the expiration dates not being checked.

We punch a hole in our key to the world card and use a lanyard with a key holder ring or a wrist band with the same ring. It worked well and I didn't worry about losing it.

bugsbunny

Between the EMH and Xmas party, neither one did ANYONE ask me for anything to prove I was allowed to be there. And when I did ask where you would get a wrist band, I was told to go to the FRONT of the park and get one!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

And this is why it doesn't work! I'm in Frontierland and now I have to fight like a salmon upstream to get wristband? right! But I did find someone else that told me to go to the Rose Garden while at MK to get a wrist band.

Regardless, its completely disorganized.

the-reason14

Yea, I think this change is really stupid. I havent personally experienced it yet, but I will later this month and early next year. And this is one of the many changes that WDW made that doesnt really make me too happy to go back and continue to go back like I used to years ago. I think that its gonna be annoying and Im really not looking forward to it. Maybe they will come back to their senses and start implementing the wristbands again, cuz I think what they're doing now is dumb.

blm07

It sounds like the wristbands are a good idea. I say turn the DVC booths into wristband distribution centers.

TinkRBell427

And this is why it doesn't work! I'm in Frontierland and now I have to fight like a salmon upstream to get wristband? right! But I did find someone else that told me to go to the Rose Garden while at MK to get a wrist band.

Regardless, its completely disorganized.

There should have been posted signs that told you when and where to get the wristbands, did they not have them out? There should also be different spots in the parks to get them, I know in Epcot there are several locations so you do not have to go to the front of the park. Of course that was for EMH and if they are doing wristbands anymore, they aren't in several locations. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom