EMH during Spring Break?

as5058

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Going to WDW March 22&23, which are the days Epcot and Magic Kingdom are doing EMH. Should I go on the days they are doing EMH or switch them to avoid extra crowds? What do you guys think?

The only downsides to switching are that i wont be able to get a mine train fast pass, and will have to give up my be our guest lunch reservation.

Thanks

correcaminos

It's going to become rediculously crowded during that time. Just look at the hotel prices.

I would utilize the extra magic hours to try to get the important rides out of the way.
I disagree. First it will be busy but the next week will be far worse. This week be a tolerable busy.

Without park hopping though I would skip the EMH. We accidentally did it and while the first hour or 2 was okay (and it was unexpectedly cold) by about 10-11 we got our of there and went to another park.

BoarderPhreak

Go for the EMH. Get to the parks as early as possible, take a break in the afternoon and stay as late as possible.

In the mornings, things generally don't get busy until 10-11am. In the evenings, things generally lighten up after 5-6pm and again after normal park close (before EMH). Spring Break is a tough period, but it's not that bad. I've done a few trips around this time.

as5058

Original Poster
Go for the EMH. Get to the parks as early as possible, take a break in the afternoon and stay as late as possible.

In the mornings, things generally don't get busy until 10-11am. In the evenings, things generally lighten up after 5-6pm and again after normal park close (before EMH). Spring Break is a tough period, but it's not that bad. I've done a few trips around this time.

the EMH are in the morning, do you still suggest we do that?

DisneyPrincess5

I understand your dilemma. Sucks trading things off. We personally always avoid morning EMH (too early and gets too crowded in our experience). I’m on vacation and I want to do what I want, basically. And that doesn’t include morning EMH.

Much-Pixie-Dust

We went last spring break, the week before Easter. We didn’t park hop either. We would arrive 30-45 before rope drop and stay til about 11. Then we would come back at about 6-7 pm and use our fastpasses. One night hours got extended but it was empty for last hour and half for a midnight closing. The night was EMH until 2:00 and it was awesome! Your mileage may vary. We are here now and MK was insane til midnight close this weekend. But we went to early EMH hours at Epcot and did the big three rides plus MS and Living with the Land by 10 am. It was great. Just have a plan and you will be fine.

BoarderPhreak

the EMH are in the morning, do you still suggest we do that?
The morning cuts both ways - you can capitalize on the fact that mornings are slow, just bear in mind that both MK and Epcot have limits on what's open until official opening. Still, you can check out quite a bit and get even more of a jump on the pending crowds. Plus, it's a bit cooler in the mornings (granted, it's March).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
EMH are now the only legitimate chance you have to use the standby lines...

I just witnessed this last week...February.

The thing about spring break is while still crowded as hell, it's not measurably more unfavorable now that most other weeks...I was there 14-16 and honestly it didn't feel any worse than weeks in feb, may and October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom