Elsa Favoritism

Soarin2u

Original Poster
Okay, I work as a Party Hostess at a kids place. We are celebrating Halloween and urging kids to come with costumes to earn 50 extra tickets. Now of course with Frozen being the big thing with young girls, we've gotten lots and lots ooooooffffff.... ELSA's! Just today we had a family with 4 girls all dressed as Elsa because none of them agreed to be Anna. Yet I love Anna, she's more fun, cute and young. It disappoints me to see so few Anna's walk in the door.

So what's your verdict, what causes the all 5 year old girls to favor the Ice queen over our typical Disney princess?

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Because she is a queen! Queens are usually given very little importance, the exception being the evil queen in Snow White, but hey, she was wicked. Elsa has powers too, by the way, but she won't use them to do evil, just to defend herself at some point.

stichrules

I have 3 grandaughters and there are 6,5 and 3 and they all love Elsa, we asked them why the like Elsa so much and the oldest one looked at me and says grandpa its becuase she has powers, like I was askin her soemthing so stupid I should hve known without needing to ask. They like Anna, but she does not hav powers.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Rapture_The_Ultimate_Abandon_Thread_There_is_potential_in_all_5a4ecb_2137178.jpg

Figaro928

Elsa: sparkily dress, power ballad and magic powers.
Anna: no sparkily dress, a faster song thats more difficult to sing/no true solo song, no magic powers

For a 5 year old girl it is a no-brainer

If "let it go" wasn't "let it go" but rather another song, i bet we'd be seeing a very different favoring

Magenta Panther

I think the thing that's really resonating is not only does she have powers, she doesn't lose them at the end of the movie, which is how things often go. That's a message that's resonating with a lot of people- you don't have to give up what makes you different to fit in.

Rapunzel lost her powers for an entirely different reason, but it was still a bummer. She should have kept her magic hair IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom