Elizabeth Swann Costume

Shellybelle

Original Poster
I asked this question a while back in another topic and didn't get a response. I was wondering if there is an Elizabeth Swann dress at WDW (like the ones for the princesses)? I've seen a few on ebay but they are all sold from the UK. Anyone know or know of a way I can find out if they are coming?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The Ms and I went through this ordeal the past 2 halloweens. There isn't one for sale, and there aren't even any patterns available if you want to make it. She ended up buying patterns for some similar dresses and altering them to suit her needs.

The Mom

Premium Member
The Ms and I went through this ordeal the past 2 halloweens. There isn't one for sale, and there aren't even any patterns available if you want to make it. She ended up buying patterns for some similar dresses and altering them to suit her needs.

Exactly. You might have to buy a Martha Washington pattern and customize it. (lose the little hair doily, cut the bodice lower, forget the powdered wig :lol: )

Tigggrl

Just another heads up....
Jo anns had the simplicity patterns on sale over the weekend....and they were .99!
I ended up buying several, and managed to get the one that looks like the Elizabeth Swann dress....Its number 4092. Now I have patterns for a different costume every year for the next 10 years! LOL!
P.S. Also bought the Captain Jack one...THATS what I have to make now.....:brick:

Indy88colts

eLIZABETH Swann dress in UK is alot nicer !!!

Take a look at the dress you can get in the UK !! That plain white piece of junk they are offering the US is just plain lame !!! The dress they are offering us doesn't even look like the dress she wore in the movie. The UK dress is an exact match of the wedding dress and is beautiful !

Another stabbing in the back by DISNEY !! Why wouldn't they offer both dresses in both countries ? Greed ? Whatever it is doesn't make sense !

hjdavis27

Elizabeth Swann Dress Information

Hello! I know the dress you are thinking of. We had to purchase it off of Ebay from UK. I even called the disney in UK to see if we could buy it direct from them. . . .answer was no. I called the US Disney catalog and asked why we were not offered this dress as well. . . was told they did not see it would make money in the States. HAHAHA.

I know on disney.com they currently have the Elizabeth pirate costume availbale now. My Jarrett had to go ask Captain Jack last year for Halloween. This year she will be wearing the oriental outfit Elizabeth wore. That is also offered online.

At Disney World they do not offer this item. I don't understand why. . .every little girl would want one. When we went for the Pirate/Princess party in Feb my Jarrett was the only girl there wearing an Elizabeth Swann dress. When we got to meet Capt. Jack the pictures were to sweet.

DisneyGigi

I got the Halloween copy of Oriental Trading the other day and they had Elizabeth Swan costumes in it by Disney. Not sure if it was the type you are looking for but you might want to look at their website. :)

DisneyBride94

Take a look at the dress you can get in the UK !! That plain white piece of junk they are offering the US is just plain lame !!! The dress they are offering us doesn't even look like the dress she wore in the movie. The UK dress is an exact match of the wedding dress and is beautiful !

Another stabbing in the back by DISNEY !! Why wouldn't they offer both dresses in both countries ? Greed ? Whatever it is doesn't make sense !

IS this post missing a picture of said dress? I happen to have no dress in my cabin... :( Where do we see the UK offered dress for dolly bell ole what's-her-face?

FosterD

Can you hand wash a wedding dress?

My wedding dress is all sweaty from my wearing it in 95 degree weather. I took it to the cleaners, and they said it can suffer damages AND it'll cost $150-200 for dry cleaning. Personally, I'd rather just store the dress for the rest of it's life all sweaty, but I'm supposed to wear it at our coming home wedding reception on Saturday. Is it possible to hand wash my dress? Any tips for cleaning otherwise? It's made of taffeta, with a lace up bodice. Thanks!

The Mom

Premium Member
OT question in a Zombie thread, but I'll play.

Google is your friend. Type in "hand washing a wedding gown." A quick search came up with multiple websites telling you exactly how to hand wash a wedding gown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom