Electronic Monorail Toys

Horizons#1Fan

Original Poster
Are these really nice toys? (They look nice, but I'm wondering if it's good quality) Does anyone here have the WDW Resort in their house? :lol: Does anyone have any more information regarding the toys? :confused: Are they worth the money because to buy all the pieces would come out to a lot of money.

Sir Hiss527

I have the product, I bought it like a year ago. I bought it for $60.00, and I have just "Spaceship Earth. Yea it does come out to a lot of money. But if you really want this toy "Go for it", but if you really don't want it "Don't get it!

-Sir Hiss527-

goofyman

We have just about all the pcs A few more to get this year and we love. Everyone who comes over and sees it is amazed. Teah it not cheap but compared to other trian stes it is not too bad at all. And...it's DISNEY right in your own home..Got to love that!:king:

Horizons#1Fan

Original Poster
I'm guessing, with all the pieces, it takes up a lot of room. Are they still releasing new pieces (different attractions) for use with the product?

mandib

OK Yes I'm a disney freak so for Christmas we put the monorail under our tree with the epcot globe and Polynisian (sp?) Anyways it does take up quite a bit of room but I love it!

MicBat

I bought mine about 3 years ago, and I'd definitely say to invest in one. My parents never bought me one when I first saw them when I was younger b/c they thought I'd grow out of my "toy stage" soon, but when I bought it, I had to open it in the hotel room! It definitely takes up a lot of room, though.

DarkImage4

Okay, this is coming from a 27 year-old child :-D.

My wife bought me the monorail set on our honeymoon last July, and as a surprise, she gave me the Contemporary Resort and Spaceship Earth a little while after.

It is great, and fun to just let run. As posted earlier, it's like having a little piece of WDW in your own home.

At $60, I feel it's worth the money, and the accessories are pretty high quality.

Looking forward to getting the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, TTC, Dumbo, Teacups, Astro Orbiter and anythign else they come out with.

GO FOR IT!!!

Sir Hiss527

Does anybody know if there just gonna come out with the trains, and no monorail track? Because I really don't feel like buying another set for $60.00. And also because I want the TTC. Awesome Toy!

-Sir Hiss-

SewIn2Disney

If anybody is looking to buy pieces, you can also check out ebay. they always have some things up, usually cheaper than you'd find at WDW, and you probably can buy all the pieces seperatly. (ie just straight track, or just the car itself) Just keep checking back occasionally, the stuff they have changes daily.

MicBat

Wow!!! I didn't know they made the TTC!! I need it! :D Anyone have any pics with the Polynesian and TTC attached to their set??

DarkImage4

Originally posted by MicBat
Wow!!! I didn't know they made the TTC!! I need it! :D

It not exactly the TTC as you would envision it, but it is a cool switching station. It's not advertised as the TTC, but most people just refer to it as such. Sorry, if I went and got your hopes up. :(

MicBat

Originally posted by DarkImage4
It not exactly the TTC as you would envision it, but it is a cool switching station. It's not advertised as the TTC, but most people just refer to it as such. Sorry, if I went and got your hopes up. :(

Oh no... I dont see how they could really build a toy to look like TTC anyway :) I saw the pic at the link steve posted and it looked pretty cool... nothing like the real thing, but it had that cool "monorail" sign. What exactly does it do, though? Do you have to have more than one set? I have the main set, contemporary, and oodles of extra track.

Horizons#1Fan

Original Poster
Starting The Monorail

What would you recommend I purchase first to start off with? I'm assuming you'll say the monorail itself and not the attractions. How much track comes with the main monorail set? I hope something more than a circle.

MicBat

it's more like an oval... and a pretty big one at that... believe me, it's bound to become a pain in the neck sometimes... I'd say it was aproximately... maybe... 6ft (and im nowhere near positive on that one!)

goofyman

Originally posted by MicBat
Oh no... I dont see how they could really build a toy to look like TTC anyway :) I saw the pic at the link steve posted and it looked pretty cool... nothing like the real thing, but it had that cool "monorail" sign. What exactly does it do, though? Do you have to have more than one set? I have the main set, contemporary, and oodles of extra track.

The TTC is realy cool because if you have lots of track like you say, it allows you to make 3 separate loops and change which track the monarail goes on. AND, the best part is it has a sensor on the track so when thr train goes by it plays a slected monarail speech. and you can pick from about 6 different sayings, Like "Please stand clear of the closng doors, and all the other sayings that you would here while riding the real thing! VERY COOL!

DarkImage4

OKay, I just checked the box for my monorail set.

The track included makes a 61 1/2" X 49" oval or a 49" circle.

Hope the info is helpful.

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by goofyman
The TTC is realy cool because if you have lots of track like you say, it allows you to make 3 separate loops and change which track the monarail goes on. AND, the best part is it has a sensor on the track so when thr train goes by it plays a slected monarail speech. and you can pick from about 6 different sayings, Like "Please stand clear of the closng doors, and all the other sayings that you would here while riding the real thing! VERY COOL!

That sounds awesome, about the sensors, and all. I didnt know ir had all that stuff to it. I just get some trains some how.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear".

i went to look at one last year and some of the add on pieces. I fell in love with it. unfortunateley i didnt hve any money and my parents wouldnt but me one. I added all the prices and found it to be around $400 i think. that was every thing also. i then went into once upon a toy in downtown disney and saw the set -up that the had in thier. i just fell in love with it even more. Ive already decided that i will take alot of money next time so i can buy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom