Electric Umbrella to close February 16

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Will the taste track area have additional seating provided? Not sure how well a burger kiosk with no seating will be able to handle even a fraction of the capacity that electric umbrella used to.

Kind of sad. One of our favorite quick service locations.

wendysue

Well..Shoot! We really liked that place. Now we are forced to take the boat (or walk) to Boardwalk and get a pitcher of beer and wings or something at ESPN. :)

General Mayhem

Will the taste track area have additional seating provided? Not sure how well a burger kiosk with no seating will be able to handle even a fraction of the capacity that electric umbrella used to.

Kind of sad. One of our favorite quick service locations.
Considering the fact that the back half of the park has a ridiculously high number of restaurants and food options. Not to mention Sunshine Seasons I think people will be fine.

Simba’s Mom

When that closes, are there any other options for QS dining in Future World besides Sunshine Seasons? I know there's Starbucks, but seating is very hard there, and since I almost always travel solo (no one to look for and save seats), I avoid that one.

SuperStretccch

When that closes, are there any other options for QS dining in Future World besides Sunshine Seasons? I know there's Starbucks, but seating is very hard there, and since I almost always travel solo (no one to look for and save seats), I avoid that one.

the Epcot Experience/Odyssey building now has a QS. Stuff like flatbread, turkey sandwiches, salads, nuggets, etc. that used to be at the Umbrella. Taste Track with burgers/salads should also be coming back this weekend.

Simba’s Mom

the Epcot Experience/Odyssey building now has a QS. Stuff like flatbread, turkey sandwiches, salads, nuggets, etc. that used to be at the Umbrella. Taste Track with burgers/salads should also be coming back this weekend.

The Epcot Experience sounds so cool! I haven't been inside the Odyssey Building in about 15 years. I think they used to have a Mediterranean salad at Electric Umbrella-hope they have that there. As long as they have seating, I'll be there! Thanks for the info.

Nottamus

In 6 years, with 12 trips...I never visited. Never even went inside....what did I miss?

I’m sure it was someone’s favorite (as every place is to someone). But wasn’t it burgers and fries? (Ish)

The Empress Lilly

Inedible food, average design.

The slightly garish design started to gain a bit of retro-chic, but I never did think neon and loud primary colours a proper EPCOT fit. (I do regret the breakneck speed at which the 90s are erased from WDW in the past five years. They were not a highlight, but that era forms part of WDW fabric too)

correcaminos

In 6 years, with 12 trips...I never visited. Never even went inside....what did I miss?

I’m sure it was someone’s favorite (as every place is to someone). But wasn’t it burgers and fries? (Ish)
Over the years they had some decent sandwiches & wraps and flat breads. We started eating there once we felt Sunshines was losing good quality when I had mostly inedible meat due to far too many fatty pieces vs real meat 2x in a row. It wasn't excellent but we'd stop in once during longer trips.

Deno

For pure nostalgia i'm going to really miss it.

I remember sat with my Dad when I was 18 years old looking out towards World Showcase thinking "am I REALLY in Disney World??"

I remember that moment vividly as I approach 50 years old.... Always made a point of eating there on every trip. Not the best food in the world but refillable drinks were nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom