Electric Parade/Spectromagic Parade

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
The last time I saw the Spectromagic Parade was the last year it ran. Frankly, I cannot stand the music to the Electric Parade and because of that, my husband and I cannot watch the parade for more than a few minutes. Does anyone know why they changed the name and music to the Electric Parade? Are they bringing back Spectromagic? It was much better!

tl77

The last time I saw the Spectromagic Parade was the last year it ran. Frankly, I cannot stand the music to the Electric Parade and because of that, my husband and I cannot watch the parade for more than a few minutes. Does anyone know why they changed the name and music to the Electric Parade? Are they bringing back Spectromagic? It was much better!

The original WDW version of the Main Street Electric Parade got shipped over seas (too Paris I think) when Spectromagic debuted. The one that's currently WDW is the one that was originally in DL, it was then moved to DCA which has no "Main Street" so they shorted the name to just the Electrical Parade, and never changed it back when they shipped it to WDW

Spectromagic is not coming back, apparently those floats fell apart, but allegedly a new night time parade is in the works for WDW

GiveMeTheMusic

Spectromagic is not coming back, apparently those floats fell apart, but allegedly a new night time parade is in the works for WDW

There is no new night parade in the works for WDW. Disneyland and HKDL are getting new light parades in the next 12 months, but none are on the table for WDW at present. The next thing MK will get is a new fireworks show to replace Wishes.

They will literally run MSEP at WDW until it completely falls apart.

tl77

The new Dreamlights Parade at Tokyo Disneyland starts off with the classic MESP music for about the first 1/3 of the parade, and then switches off to other things for each float and ends with "it's a small world". Plus the light/show aspect of it is pretty state of the art, I hope something similar ends up in WDW some time soon

AllydoesDisney

I miss Spectromagic too. I agree about MSEP. I've watched it a few times and it's not a bad parade but I would take Spectromagic anyday. It was so much more magical. If they are really bringing in a new night time parade, then I'm really excited about it!

kap91

I like the older arrangement of music for elp but still prefer the new arrangement to Spectro. Spectro is nice music but elp is way more fun and "disney" in my opinion. Elp is also way longer and more impressive in my book even without the fiber optics. Really think it depends on which you grew up with per se.

wdrive

The way I see it, and this is coming from someone who is more Disneyland than WDW, is that Spectro is the better parade. The feeling of nostalgia of the Main Street Electrical Parade is much stronger in Disneyland which makes it a better parade at Disneyland as opposed to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom