Eisner Resigns From Disney Board

SirNim

Very interesting turn of events. One would have thought he would have stayed aboard on, well, the board (sorry) per the details of his plans. Then again, didn't he move up his resignation date a year? In any event, it seems he's all but out now: "Eisner 'no longer provides any services' for Disney, the company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Hmm..

Brian_B

Wow, I am rarely around for these huge news things as they happen...

They finally did it! Bob Iger made up with Roy Disney...could this POSSIBLY mean a step in the right direction, maybe?? :hammer:

How thrilling!

- Brian

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Brian_B said:
They finally did it! Bob Iger made up with Roy Disney...could this POSSIBLY mean a step in the right direction, maybe?? :hammer:

Just curious on how you know it was Iger that did it?

raven

Irrawaddy Erik said:
Not really surprised

Me either, Erik.

I've been ready book after book about Eisner, Iger, the Disney Corporation and other items that have to do with Eisners employment. I had a feeling he would leave because that means he will receive a HUGE amount on stock options, settlements and further percentages of income made on company earnings from things he has done in the past. Unless things have changed recently that I've read about, he has got a pretty big nest egg to retire on.

macsmom

I had been wondering if Eisner was going to another company, but I guess not, huh? Or, nobody knows anything yet.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
macsmom said:
I had been wondering if Eisner was going to another company, but I guess not, huh? Or, nobody knows anything yet.

Actually, this is more proof he is going to another company. If he had stayed on the board that would be less likely.

CaptainMichael

If he is going to another company, then good for him. I hope he does well. If he just plans to retire, I say have fun. Enjoy your life Mr. Eisner. Thanks for making the Walt Disney Co. what it is today.

Tom

Beta Return
Personally, if I were in his position, I'd also leave. I mean, think about it.....How many people would want to remain part of a club, group or organization where there is tension between you and other members, and/or there are a number of people who just want you out altogether? I wouldn't want to be there - it would just be a depressing situation. The only people who would stay in a position like that would be terribly arrogant and overly stubborn.

Plus, the major bank he'll be getting for leaving won't hurt either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom