Pre-Trip Eenie...Meenie...Miney...Dough: Booking (and re-booking...and re-booking) our April 2021 Trip ***COMPLETED***

AKA The NeverEnding 'Reservation'

Hi! My name’s Tom. Welcome to my first-ever (Pre) Trip Report…

Come In The Good Place GIF by Global TV

To start off, I’d like to thank a few forum members: @Tuvalu , @Darstarr, @fractal , @DisneyGigi , @MickeyCB , @riverside and everyone else who has taken the time to post a trip report (or 2…or 3…). I’ve really enjoyed reading through your very informative (and entertaining!) reports, and was inspired to try my hand at one myself.

season 2 nbc GIF by The Good Place

Last edited:

tommcp516

Original Poster
I think you will love the Yacht Club! I know I did. The walking which we did a lot of to and from Epcot was amazing! (Even if B did judge me because he felt the Beach Club was closer) The morning walks to DHS I enjoyed very much and don’t even get me started on being able to take the skyliner back from DHS or when we hopped there.

The resort itself, I adored. Very quiet and the pool is gorgeous. Our only other previous stay at a deluxe was a 1 br villa at OKW. While the room was gorgeous, I did not care for the layout. Too many parking lots and not enough areas to easily roam around at night. I like to have my scenery and walking paths.

I think you made an excellent choice!

Thanks! I was definitely looking forward to reading about your experience at the Yacht Club in your current TR. That definitely makes me feel better about our choice to switch there!

tommcp516

Original Poster
Enjoy. The Yacht Club is my fav Disney resort and the Contemporary is lit too. Walking the boardwalk when the sunset is happening, it's magical.
Thanks! I've seen a number of photos that people have posted of the sunset/evenings along the water there and they look amazing. Can't wait until we're there to enjoy them in person!
Ok, I can not wait for your trip report as I am sitting here literally laughing at just the pre-trip saga reporting!!!
Glad that reading this made you smile! I'll be sure to take good notes for the main report in April!!

tommcp516

Original Poster
So, that’s where things sit 70 days out from our trip: an eight day/seven night split stay from April 3-10 with five nights at the Yacht Club then two nights at the Contemporary. We have reservations for two days at each of the four parks, and we’ll be able to walk from our resort to all the parks for rope drop (except AK.)

I realize that in the scheme of things, being able to take a trip to Disney World at any time of year is a wonderful privilege, and that there are plenty of more important things to worry about in life than crowd levels in an amusement park at Easter. But since we're going to be literally flying all the way to the opposite end of the country just for this trip to WDW, I had reservations initially that we'd make all of this effort to get there only to find that we were packed into the parks with reduced hours to try to go on the limited attractions that are currently offered. Now, with the extension of our trip and the location of the resorts, I can truly sit back, relax, and just
let it go GIF

Last edited:

fractal

Welcome @tommcp516 to the world of trip reporting!

Sorry you had such a tough start to 2020 - but looks like 2021 is going much better. I've fell down that same slippery slope when booking a Disney trip numerous times. The saying about Disney World is a human trap built by a mouse certainly rings true.

We loved our stays at the Beach and Yacht Club! Plan to spend some time by the pool and enjoy the quick hops to Epcot and DHS. Waking up early, strolling into WS and grabbing a coffee and pastry in France is tough to beat.

Looking forward to your full report and or any updates!

LisaBelle

I’m in! The Yacht Club is on my “must stay” list! I’ve been lucky enough to stay at the Contemporary on 2 different trips. Being able to walk to the MK from the Contemporary is amazing! You will love it! Watching the monorail go through never gets old! I am looking forward to following along!

tommcp516

Original Poster
That is very clever and will be an insane time saver.
Thanks! Now the challenge will be getting our 13-year old son out of bed and out the door in time for Rope Drop every morning!
View attachment 526072

I’m in! (And why do I keep thinking that there could be more changes in the next 70 days? 😉)
Glad to have you following along! And you are right on the money about more changes ahead...lol)

tommcp516

Original Poster

tommcp516

Original Poster
Welcome @tommcp516 to the world of trip reporting!

Sorry you had such a tough start to 2020 - but looks like 2021 is going much better. I've fell down that same slippery slope when booking a Disney trip numerous times. The saying about Disney World is a human trap built by a mouse certainly rings true.

We loved our stays at the Beach and Yacht Club! Plan to spend some time by the pool and enjoy the quick hops to Epcot and DHS. Waking up early, strolling into WS and grabbing a coffee and pastry in France is tough to beat.

Looking forward to your full report and or any updates!
Lol--that saying about DW being a human trap definitely sounds right.

Glad to hear that you've had good experiences at the YC and BC. We're looking forward to being able to stroll over to the WS at Epcot at the end of every day to enjoy all the different food (and drink!) options.

Last edited:

tommcp516

Original Poster
I’m in! The Yacht Club is on my “must stay” list! I’ve been lucky enough to stay at the Contemporary on 2 different trips. Being able to walk to the MK from the Contemporary is amazing! You will love it! Watching the monorail go through never gets old! I am looking forward to following along!
Thanks! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stays at CR so much. We're really looking forward to staying there!

I am also here and thank you for the shout out!

giphy.gif

ALSO.....
I may know someone who will be there around then....

giphy.gif

(Although, I think there will be a few Magicians around besides me)

giphy.gif
You're very welcome for the shout-out on page 1--it was well-deserved. I think your latest report about your adventures with your friend R on your September trip was the first TR I had read, and I was hooked after reading all of the funny commentary and gifs!!

cheers heres to you GIF by Holiday Inn Express

And that would be great if there could be a meetup among all of the other magicians there that week for a drink (or 2..or more...)!
Thoroughly enjoying your report. Can't wait 'till you get there!
Thanks, and so glad you're enjoying it! We can't wait either!!

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
The resort looks great in your photos! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your time there. Hope you have an amazing trip and look forward to hearing more about it!!
I absolutely loved that resort for so many reasons!! Hopefully I’ll get to them one of these days(got to finish my current TR first!!)
Unfortunately, not only am I already back but I also just finished up a 9 hour work shift. Disney feels like it was already forever ago!😪
I need to go back😉

cgersic

I absolutely loved that resort for so many reasons!! Hopefully I’ll get to them one of these days(got to finish my current TR first!!)
Unfortunately, not only am I already back but I also just finished up a 9 hour work shift. Disney feels like it was already forever ago!😪
I need to go back😉
Isn't it sad how we take so long to get ready for the trips, and then after they are over, it seems like a lifetime ago? And then we want to go again!

Isn't it sad how we take so long to get ready for the trips, and then after they are over, it seems like a lifetime ago? And then we want to go again!
I feel the same way! I need a year inbetwen trips to save up! We stay at beach club every year, but we had stayed at GrandFloridian many years back when the kids were quit small. I love a post earlier about staying at contemporary for the few days scheduled for Magic Kingdom, then moving to Beach Club for rest of trip. My children have never seen contemporary. Only passed through on monorail. We have saved and pinched pennies( literally saved old pennies for coin machines) as well as quarters; and we are ready to go! We are waiting for no/low mask use. Can anyone suggest to me where the best section to say at contemporary? My kids are teenagers and we love walking, but I really could use advice as contemporary has changed so much since my last stay there.
thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom