Pre-Trip Eenie...Meenie...Miney...Dough: Booking (and re-booking...and re-booking) our April 2021 Trip ***COMPLETED***

AKA The NeverEnding 'Reservation'

Hi! My name’s Tom. Welcome to my first-ever (Pre) Trip Report…

Come In The Good Place GIF by Global TV

To start off, I’d like to thank a few forum members: @Tuvalu , @Darstarr, @fractal , @DisneyGigi , @MickeyCB , @riverside and everyone else who has taken the time to post a trip report (or 2…or 3…). I’ve really enjoyed reading through your very informative (and entertaining!) reports, and was inspired to try my hand at one myself.

season 2 nbc GIF by The Good Place

Last edited:

tommcp516

Original Poster
I am laughing so hard right now! You are such a great story teller with just the right amount of humor and sarcasm. I've been to tons of luaus, most of them in Hawaii, and have enjoyed watching so many awkward moments during crowd participation. Love it!
Thank you so much for the compliment--it's really nice to hear!
pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I've really enjoyed writing this TR--and always hope that I'm making people laugh!

PolynesianPrincess

Your story is HILARIOUS!!!! I too have a funny luau story to share from the Poly! We had a big group of us going for my cousins birthday back in 2001. Since it was all you could drink beer and wine, the adults had a few drinks (I was only 18 at the time) Well my grandmother ended up getting pretty tipsy and we joke about it to this day and she still always says "Well it wasn't my fault, the waiter kept refilling my glass! I had to drink it!" Also, after dinner, my mom was walking down one of the paths near the water and it was pretty dark and she stepped on what she thought was a stick or twig.... nope, it was a snake! My mom is DEATHLY afraid of snakes and naturally freaked out and came running back to us. She says if it wasn't for the (several) drinks at dinner, she would have freaked out worse than she did but the alcohol tempered her just a bit :hilarious:

tommcp516

Original Poster
Your story is HILARIOUS!!!! I too have a funny luau story to share from the Poly! We had a big group of us going for my cousins birthday back in 2001. Since it was all you could drink beer and wine, the adults had a few drinks (I was only 18 at the time) Well my grandmother ended up getting pretty tipsy and we joke about it to this day and she still always says "Well it wasn't my fault, the waiter kept refilling my glass! I had to drink it!" Also, after dinner, my mom was walking down one of the paths near the water and it was pretty dark and she stepped on what she thought was a stick or twig.... nope, it was a snake! My mom is DEATHLY afraid of snakes and naturally freaked out and came running back to us. She says if it wasn't for the (several) drinks at dinner, she would have freaked out worse than she did but the alcohol tempered her just a bit :hilarious:
Glad you enjoyed it ☺😀

Sounds like your family had a pretty funny night at the Poly luau too!

tommcp516

Original Poster
We are at our gate at the Seattle airport, waiting for them to call our seats to begin boarding our plane for a midnight flight diagonally across the county to Miami. Then we’ll cool our heels at the Miami airport for four hours until our one-hour hop from Miami to Orlando.

Friday will be spent checking into a hotel near the airport and then over to Disney Springs for the night. Our vacation "officially" begins when we check-in at the Yacht Club on Saturday for the first part of our split stay.

Thank you to everybody who took the time to read my first ever trip report, and special thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a comment.

I hope you had as much fun reading this report as I had writing it.

They’re about to call our boarding group so I will officially wrap this report up.

Now we're off to cram our carry-ons into the second overhead to the right, and straight on 'til morning…

GIF by Disney

Last edited:

Songbird76

But all in all we were very fortunate to get almost all of the restaurants we had wanted. When the pixie dust finally settled the final tally was 21 table service meals over 9 days (including 2 at Disney Springs the night before our resort stay begins). Here’s the final picture of our family dining plan. The green Post-Its are confirmed reservations.
View attachment 531063
I'm really late to the game....sorry. But I have total list envy!! I LOVE your color-coded post-it board. I'm so doing this next trip!! (I am a list maker, and also do color coded lists for things like dining, fastpasses, etc.)

PolynesianPrincess

We are at our gate at the Seattle airport, waiting for them to call our seats to begin boarding our plane for a midnight flight diagonally across the county to Miami. Then we’ll cool our heels at the Miami airport for 4 hours until our 1 hour hop from Miami to Orlando.

Friday will be spent checking into a hotel near the airport and then Disney Springs at night. Our vacation "officially" begins when we check -in at the Yacht Club on Saturday for the first part of our split stay.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my first ever trip report, and special thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a comment.

Now, they’re about to call our boarding group so I will officially wrap this report up.

Then its the second overhead bin to the right and straight on till morning…

GIF by Disney

Have the best time!!!! :)

fractal

We are at our gate at the Seattle airport, waiting for them to call our seats to begin boarding our plane for a midnight flight diagonally across the county to Miami. Then we’ll cool our heels at the Miami airport for 4 hours until our 1 hour hop from Miami to Orlando.

Friday will be spent checking into a hotel near the airport and then Disney Springs at night. Our vacation "officially" begins when we check-in at the Yacht Club on Saturday for the first part of our split stay.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my first ever trip report, and special thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a comment.

Now, they’re about to call our boarding group so I will officially wrap this report up.

Then its cram our carry-ons into the second overhead to the right and straight on 'til morning…

GIF by Disney

Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom