Edit my forum post

tecowdw

Original Poster
Anyone else getting this error when they try to edit their own forum post just after posting it?
The time limit to edit this message (0 minutes) has expired.
I haven't been able to since the change over.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't edited many, but never had a problem.

Edited to experiment.

Waited a bit to see if there's some timer....

Nope, seems to be OK for me.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you post what type of equipment you're using [PC/Mac, iPhone, HTC phone, etc] and what browser you use, Steve might be able to track it down.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm on a PC but I use Google Chrome. IE is known to not play well with others.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone else getting this error when they try to edit their own forum post just after posting it?
The time limit to edit this message (0 minutes) has expired.
I haven't been able to since the change over.
Can you try again for me now?

Thanks

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can't seem to edit my posts at all--I'm logged in, but don't see "edit" in my posts, and for that matter, I don't see Delete or Report, either!

Using Windows Vista and tried both Firefox and IE9

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Update: in Firefox, I now see the Edit option in the above post. However, when I click on it, I get the same timeout error message that @tecowdw reported.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Installed Chrome. Holy smoke, it's fast!!

In Chrome, don't see Edit option in any of my posts. In Firefox, I was only able to see the Edit option in the messages I posted using Firefox (the two above in this thread).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Installed Chrome. Holy smoke, it's fast!!

In Chrome, don't see Edit option in any of my posts. In Firefox, I was only able to see the Edit option in the messages I posted using Firefox (the two above in this thread).
try again now.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Is it no longer an option to edit a post after it's been submitted with the new version of the forums? I made a mistake with a photo and went back to make the correction on the post and there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. I tried multiple browsers, etc.. and nothing seems to make that option available.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Is it no longer an option to edit a post after it's been submitted with the new version of the forums? I made a mistake with a photo and went back to make the correction on the post and there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. I tried multiple browsers, etc.. and nothing seems to make that option available.
It "should" show up in any browser. What are you connecting with? PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad...?

EDIT: It'll be on the left under your signature block, right beside your username and when you posted.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm connecting from a Mac with Safari and I also tried Chrome and it doesn't show up for either of them. All I see is my username and the time since posting.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm connecting from a Mac with Safari and I also tried Chrome and it doesn't show up for either of them. All I see is my username and the time since posting.
In that case, Steve will have to step in. By all accounts you should be seeing the Edit Delete Report string.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom