Eddie Sotto: Our Forum's Voice of Reason

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
I must admit, that I have a love-hate relationship with these discussion forums. On the one hand, I appreciate all the knowledge, historical perspective and insider information. I’m open minded and enjoy thoughtful, and sometimes heated, dialogue. On the other hand, I find some people’s musings ‘bpr’ (blood pressure raising), not because they don’t agree with my take on things, but because they seem to be out of touch with reality. Often, when I read how an attraction could have been “so much more”, I shake my head, because, well, every attraction ever designed by WED or WDI, ever, was more grandiose than the final result. Those damn budgets, decision making by humans and fiscal realities just got in the way somewhat. More perplexing (ie: annoying) to me are the posts littered with hyperbole-the “everything is crumbling”-post; and for those who somehow have convinced themselves this is the case, the calls to fix everything-now! Really? Are you really that out of touch or just being inflammatory and troll like?

Which leads me to Eddie Sotto. For those ‘newbies’ unfamiliar with who he is, simply Goggle his name. These boards have about 450 pages of ‘Eddie Sotto’s take on the current state of the parks’, parts 1 and 2, which have received about 1.4 million views since 2009! If you haven’t spent any time reading the aforementioned threads, I encourage you to do so (perhaps not every post, unless you have lots of time to ‘catch up’.)

We are so fortunate to have him on here. He has the knowledge, the ‘street cred’, and, most importantly, the perspective and insight about how leadership, budgets and priorities work to run a group of worldwide theme parks. Ask him anything, and he’ll provide a thoughtful, honest response. Whenever I want a real balanced look at the parks, I click the latest posts in his thread, and always leave feeling better than when I arrived. Recently I posed a couple of questions about the state of the aging parks’ infrastructure, maintenance, TWDC leadership, etc. and he was kind enough to give insightful, detailed responses. He cannot be labelled, as unfortunately many of us on here are, as pixie dusted or a doom&gloomer. He tells it like it is without an agenda, and I for one find this to be wonderfully refreshing. Thanks Eddie!

rufio

Thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to read his threads and just haven't gotten around to it. I know what I'm doing tonight!

wiigirl

I've found all his posts about Disney Parks to be interesting, but am especially excited when he's talking about WDW. :)

Me too...:)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom