News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

havoc315

SOG Isn’t Disney run anymore but the full name is literally Shades of Green ON Walt Disney World Resort. On-site is in the name.

Not owned or operated by WDW, it’s not onsite.
But that doesn’t matter — what matters is that there are A LOT of rooms that qualify for the early entry perks… my rough estimate is 60%+ of guests on a typical day.

havoc315

I was not 100% sure myself so did some checking. I now believe you are correct IRT EMH. They are not eligible. I found below as the perks:

The Comfort of Convenience​

Hotel perks, proximity to Walt Disney World Resort and ease of access make your vacation easier.
  • Many hotels offer Disney Theme Park vacation packages. Visit the hotel website for more details on package offers, or call 407-W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 and ask about packages for your preferred Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel.
  • All hotels are close to the Walt Disney World Resort (ranging from 2 to 14 miles).
  • All hotels offer transportation to the Disney Theme Parks. (A fee may apply.)
  • Many hotels allow pets. (A fee may apply.)
  • All hotels allow you to purchase your Disney Theme Park tickets on-site, in their lobby, at the Front Desk or Guest Services Desk

They were eligible for EMH:

From WDW website:

5E42C28B-A3F2-4502-A258-24D94E451622.jpeg

havoc315

I don't think all the good neighbor hotels got EMH, although I'm not 100% sure of that. I think it was just the ones classified as Disney Springs resorts along with Shades of Green and Swolphin.

It’s more than just those. I posted the list from the WDW website. But I don’t believe the Embassy Suites got the perks.

StarshipDisney

They were eligible for EMH:

Well, I don't want to argue. But I could not find anything that said all the good neighbor hotels ever got EMH and the list of good neighbor hotels went well beyond those mentioned in the above list of participating hotels.

Considering that I am currently considering staying at the Embassy Suites instead of the Contemporary Resort this September...I hope you are right...but I still don't think so.

UNCgolf

It’s more than just those. I posted the list from the WDW website. But I don’t believe the Embassy Suites got the perks.

Yeah, but just three more.

The Good Neighbor hotels list is much longer; I think it's like 40 hotels. If they'd all received EMH it would be hard to stay in Orlando and NOT get special WDW perks unless you were at a Universal Resort!

havoc315

Well, I don't want to argue. But I could not find anything that said all the good neighbor hotels ever got EMH and the list of good neighbor hotels went well beyond those mentioned in the above list of participating hotels.

Considering that I am currently considering staying at the Embassy Suites instead of the Contemporary Resort this September...I hope you are right...but I still don't think so.

I didn’t say all Good Neighbor Hotels get the perks. I said Embassy Suites does not get them.

This is the list:

6D36399D-5ADF-4D54-97C4-1F0940925100.jpeg

havoc315

Yeah, but just three more.

The Good Neighbor hotels list is much longer; I think it's like 40 hotels. If they'd all received EMH it would be hard to stay in Orlando and NOT get special WDW perks unless you were at a Universal Resort!

Yes… but regardless of which ones you consider on-site or off-site…
add all the Disney owned rooms, Shades of Green, Swan and Dolphin, the Disney Springs neighbor hotels, Bonnet Creek, and a few others…

You get the majority of daily guests qualifying for EMH.

And Disney is very good at filling their rooms with discounts during slow seasons. So during slow seasons, a higher percentage of daily guests are actually on-site. I recall reading at some point that during very slow seasons, more than 70% of the guests are on-site.

UNCgolf

Yes… but regardless of which ones you consider on-site or off-site…
add all the Disney owned rooms, Shades of Green, Swan and Dolphin, the Disney Springs neighbor hotels, Bonnet Creek, and a few others…

You get the majority of daily guests qualifying for EMH.

And Disney is very good at filling their rooms with discounts during slow seasons. So during slow seasons, a higher percentage of daily guests are actually on-site. I recall reading at some point that during very slow seasons, more than 70% of the guests are on-site.

Indeed.

Which is why it's a good thing that most guests don't actually care about rope dropping/being there first thing in the morning. If they did, that perk would very quickly stop being much of a perk at all. As we discussed above, if even 10-15k people showed up to the Magic Kingdom for opening there would be little benefit for the people at the end of the line -- but that never happens because most guests either aren't interested or just can't get everything together in time to make it happen.

havoc315

Indeed.

Which is why it's a good thing that most guests don't actually care about rope dropping/being there first thing in the morning. If they did, that perk would very quickly stop being much of a perk at all. As we discussed above, if even 10-15k people showed up to the Magic Kingdom for opening there would be little benefit for the people at the end of the line -- but that never happens because most guests either aren't interested or just can't get everything together in time to make it happen.

Correct. It’s not due to a lack of eligible guests. It’s due to a lack of people willing to wake up at 6am on vacation.

nickys

Premium Member
Ahh no. Take a look at the Touringplans crowd calendar. Most days from June-August are about a 5 out of 10 on the crowd calendar. In 2019, they offered free dining all summer long, because attendance was so low. Spring Break reaches 80%, Christmas reaches 100%. Summer is actually below the annual average of 60%.

Here is a very good article about it as well:

Years ago, July 4th saw 80% crowds. But the last 3-4 years, summer has been relatively empty.
Touring Plans crowd calendar is not a measure of the number of people in the park. A 5 is not 50% of capacity, any more than a 10 means the park will hit capacity and close. I believe there has only been one single time that any park reached a full closure where no one could get in (phase 4 closure).

The crowd calendar relates to average wait times between 11am and 4 / 5 pm (not sure which without going to look it up). And whilst that is partly dictated by the number of people in the park there are other factors at play too.

havoc315

Touring Plans crowd calendar is not a measure of the number of people in the park. A 5 is not 50% of capacity, any more than a 10 means the park will hit capacity and close. I believe there has only been one single time that any park reached a full closure where no one could get in (phase 4 closure).

The crowd calendar relates to average wait times between 11am and 4 / 5 pm (not sure which without going to look it up). And whilst that is partly dictated by the number of people in the park there are other factors at play too.

It’s not a perfect direct measurement, but it’s a correlation.

Attendance is much higher at a 10 than a 3.

Average Magic Kingdom attendance is 57% capacity. (They average 57,000 guests per day and full capacity is 100,000).

If you have average wait times all summer long (3 months of 4-6 on the crowd calendar), you’re likely not way above that average attendance.

GimpYancIent

My issue is simple Truth In Advertising! If Disney wants to speak about extra Magic hours then provide that, as in actual hours! The supposed extra time now being allowed is a pittance of no actual value. If Disney is going to do extra magic hours then actually do "HOURS".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom